Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have a Acer 0ne note book Computer and have forgotten my

I have a Acer 0ne note book Computer and have forgotten my pass word I need help t remove it so I can access it. I am not very computer literate so would like one to one assistance . My PHONE Number is XXXXX(NNN) NNN-NNNNAuckland New Zealand
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your Question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

To confirm, this is the password XXXXX logging into Windows?

The password XXXXX your Windows user name that you see when windows is loading?

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes it is .It is the one on the the first screen that opens when it is switched on.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Judy,

We can reset this, but it is a little complex (as it is dealing with the security of Windows).

Before we do this, there is an alternative, but it requires resetting the computer which will delete all your data, so I wish to first know please if you have data on the computer (files, photos ect) that you need to keep?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The computer I am contacting you on is not the one that needs to be fixed.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Judy,

you may have missed my previous question, I will repeat for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you I did get that message and i am happy to have you reset my ACER not the one I am using to contact you. How do you want me to continue?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
on the Acer with the problem, turn it off.

Then hold the ALT key on the keyboard, and turn it on and with ALT held down, keep tapping F10.

This will get you to the recovery manager. Once there, follow the onscreen instructions to perform a Factory Restore.

Once you complete this, Windows is reinstall as new (so you will not have a password XXXXX).

If you have any difficulties at all, please do not hesitate to let me know so I can assist you further

Thank you
Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry