IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

how to undo incompatible application placed in finale print

how to undo incompatible application placed in finale print music icon on desktop. the make music window is greyed out & below the point on my note book screen that i can not
move or open it .my note book is HP Pavilion dv7T 4100

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

Have you installed new software lately that may have caused the problem with Finale PrintMusic?

Let me know,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

recently installed adobe reader X . the music sheet that I wanted to transfer of to make music is a pdf which is in a dvd disc

OK. When was the last time Finale PrintMusic worked with no problems?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

may - or june 2013

Thanks for the information!

Have you already tried to re-install Finale PrintMusic so that it can load default settings, with no incompatible applications?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

did not reinstall how do I re-install

I will provide the instructions for you. Please tell me if you have Finale PrintMusic installation media you can use to re-install the product?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

do not have media to reinstall

Hi again! Sorry for the delay in response, I was checking something regarding the Finale PrintMusic settings.

Maybe you don't need to re-install it as I first suggest. Please do the following to restore default settings for Finale PrintMusic while keeping it installed.

1. Close Finale PrintMusic if it is still loading

2. Click the Windows Start button and then type %appdata% into search box or into the Run... box and press Enter

3. It will open a new folder. Locate a folder named MakeMusic and rename it to something else, for example to MakeMusic-old

4. Once you have renamed that folder, restart your computer

5. After your computer restarts, start Finale PrintMusic and it will load default settings so check if it will work without problems

In case it still doesn't work, let me know.

Regards,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have received your answer on how to reinstall , as per your instructions I have not attempted to reinstall , I will attempt to reinstall tomorrow , please accept my apology for not getting back to you . I will contact you tomorrow and let you know if I am successful in the re-installation. Thanks; Lawrence

Hi! Not a problem!

Note that the instructions I provided will enable you to keep Finale PrintMusic installed, but it will only remove current settings and load default settings, so it should be as you re-installed it.

Let me know the results whenever you can, no need to hurry. Smile

Regards,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

followed your re-install instructions , make music seems to be working again , thank you