Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Qualified Computer Professional - 12+ years experience. Expert in Computer Hardware & Graphic Design
50064670

Have recently purchased an Iphone 4s, down loaded images and

Have recently purchased an Iphone 4s, down loaded images and videos to desktop, My Pictures, Windows XP. Images ok, unable to play videos !!! Have installed several programmes in an attempy to play, Quick Time, VLC, etc. still unable to open. Have emailed a small MOV file to other users and they can open with Windows 7. My computer will play AVI files with WMP. Is there a programme or codec that I can install to fix this problem.
Thanks.
Bill
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.

Hello Sir. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

K-Lite Codec pack is the answer for you. Please click here to open the download page of K-Lite codec pack. Download K-Lite codec pack 9.9.5 Full from there. Install it on your system. There is a builtin media player named classic media player with it. It can play almost every format of videos. After installing the codec pack other players also will have the ability to play your files.

Regards
Jins

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Have installed K-Lite codec as suggested. Results are the best achieved so far. My Pictures now shows a thumb nail image when the folder is opened and plays the mov file. However, the video runs in slow motion and the audio is very scratchie !!! MPC has no problem opening and playing the AVI files.

Do you think we can fix, or is it that Windows XP does not support MOV ???

Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.
Actually .MOV is developed by Apple. To play MOV videos on XP, you need to install suitable codec or a player that supports MOV.You can download Quicktime player from http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/

But some HD videos in MOV format will not play correctly in windows. I think that is your issue. Converting it to AVI will help you to play the file smoothly.

Regards
Jins
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Have tried Quicktime without sucess !!! Similar results as MPC.
Is it possible to covert the MOV files to AVI ???

Bill

Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, use this freeware tool. Try this one also.

Regards
Jins
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Have downloaded "this freeware"
Too hard, too time consuming !!!

I really need something that my wife can easily use.

Looks like I am up for a new computer !!!

Thanks for your help, may talk again tomorrow.

Billo

Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.
You can find more freeware tools by seraching on google. You need to check it yourself to find which is more suitable for your wife. AVC's mov converter is a good tool, but you need to pay for it. First download trial version from here, if it is suitable, you can buy it.

regards
Jins
Jins M. N., Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Qualified Computer Professional - 12+ years experience. Expert in Computer Hardware & Graphic Design
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your help, information and patience !!!

Billo

Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Sir, Thank you very much for the positive rating and bonus. Remember us, when you need any assistance again. Your business is very valuable for us. You can ask a question directly to me by going to http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-jinsmn/ Now let me file this question as closed.

Regards
Jins