Wes
Wes, Consultant
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, 20+ years experience.
63083622

The power cord tip is stuck in my Mac laptop. I tripped over

The power cord tip is stuck in my Mac laptop. I tripped over the cord and it snapped off. How do I get the tip out of my laptop? MacBook Pro. Thanks for the help.
What is the year and model number of the Macbook? Presumably it must be an older one since newer models have a magnetic adapter connector.
First of all, if the battery is removable, then remove it. Try using a screw to screw into the broken adapter and pull it out. Otherwise if that doesn't work, do you have a photo of your situation so I can get a better idea of what you're working with?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It is a MacBook Pro 2.3 ghz
Okay, but what year was it manufactured? Do you have any photos that you could post?
Okay, a vise-grip pliers, or needle nose should be all you need. Grab ahold of the metal square that's still in there and pull.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Wes. We got it out. Was afraid I might break something.