James, Sr. Computer Support Expert
Experience:  20 years of experience building, fixing and servicing PCs and operating systems.

We had a person we fired and she hacked our computers . How

We had a person we fired and she hacked our computers . How I can get her IP Number?
Category: Computer
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm an IT Security Expert.
I need some more details so I can help you with this issue please.

Can you tell me more about what happened?

Thanks!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The have Quickbooks program and it has a remote access .We did not

no that part of the program she ran 172 page of account all the information

and all the financial and the clients file all gone

Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Ok - so she already got all the data, all the client information, etc?

J.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The feds hvae been here and tells we need her ip number .How do i get it?

Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
We might be able to get it from the logs on the computer she accessed, the one that has Quickbooks installed.
Do you have access to that computer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

not now but they will bring back tommorrow.

Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Okay, I understand.

Do you have the credentials to sign into the remote access management site for Quickbooks?

J.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I don't but I can get it for you tommorrow I don't no alot about computers

but We have a girl that can help you I own the firms but try not to work

alot.

Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
That's ok. Let me give you the instructions to get her IP out of the log on the Quickbooks computer:

The QuickBooks Remote Access Agent keeps a log of all changes to the status of a remote computer. The log includes the IP address of any computer that establishes a remote connection to the computer.

Each entry in the log indicates:

• The date and time at which the status changed.
  • The status of the computer - that is, whether it was available for remote access, offline, in a QuickBooks Remote Access session, or blocked from being accessed remotely.
  • The IP address of the computer that performed the access.
Detailed instructions

Follow the steps below to view the remote access log:

1. In the Quickbooks computer's system tray, right-click the remote access icon.

2. Select Preferences.

The preferences dialog box appears.
  3. Click the Log tab.

The log appears, and you can see all the remote access entries, including the IP address.

If you have any other questions or need more information, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond!
I'd appreciate it if you can rate my service using the faces below my answer.

Many thanks,

James.

James, Sr. Computer Support Expert
Experience: 20 years of experience building, fixing and servicing PCs and operating systems.