arsufi2002, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MCSE, RHCE, IBM System X Server Certified

I have an Acer Aspire PC running windows home premium vista...every

I have an Acer Aspire PC running windows home premium vista...every time I reboot it loses most changes and the computer thinks it is new and I have had it many years. It was like this from the beginning and my daughter just dealt with it. I would now like to correct this. Can you help?

arsufi2002 :

arsufi2002 :

Welcome to Just Answer.

arsufi2002 :

My name isXXXXX look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

arsufi2002 :

what changes are occurring while you reboot computer?

arsufi2002 :

Does it effect your data?

arsufi2002 :

(will data get deleted when you restart computer)

arsufi2002 :

please reply

It seems you have problem with chat system. I have switched to Q&A mode. Now you can reply me

I shall once again repeat my question.

1: what changes are occurring while you reboot computer?
2: Does reboot effect your data(personal files and folders)?

please reply
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I lose most icons on my desk top and paths to windows office documents. Probably more but I use it sparingly now. I have to answer all of the questions like the computer is just being started up from the box
Thanks for your reply

By the way, does same happens if you login to another profile on this computer?
(If you don't have a second/another profile, create one for temporary purpose and check if same issue reflects on that account too)
see if you don't know how to create a user profile

If second profile has same problem then I would like to know installed software names that shows on uninstall or change a program section
(Just want to confirm whether any software is doing this)

please reply
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I added another user but that didn't work. Going where you were leading me, I went and deleted all of the junk programs that had been installed over the years. All is now working correctly. I'm not sure what it was but I don't care if it works. You have helped greatly and I have no problem with the $18.00. What do I need to do on this screen to pay you and give you an excellent rating?
Thanks for your appreciation and iam glad to know that everything is perfect.

If you are satisfied with my answer please click on the smiley button and rate me excellent

Thanks and have a great day...