Computer Expert
Computer Expert, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  5+ Experience as Computer Professional

I have a custom made PC...my other computer No brand name.

Customer Question

I have a custom made PC...my other computer No brand name. Windows XP. When I had to shut off the computer yesterday, it restarted and showed a message page that said, "Sorry for the inconvenience, etc." Then gave me 5 options only . Each time I press one, the computer just keeps looping back to the same message page. The automatic restart needs to be disabled and I can't get into START to be able to do this. I CAN get into BIOS... that's the only thing I can access. So, in short, Windows is looping on start and I can't break the cycle. The only Windows XP disc I have is for DELL.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Computer Expert replied 1 year ago.

Computer Expert :

Hello Welcome to JustAnswer

Computer Expert :

Please let me know when you are ready to chat :)

Customer :

I am here. I can only get into BIOS. I have tried f8 and it only puts me back on the same message page. Always just loops back to that.

Computer Expert :

Do you have windows xp installation disc

Customer :

I do, but it says for Dell only. I did try installing that , and I think I did it okay...

Computer Expert :

Do not worry

Computer Expert :

You can go to any local computer shop or ask any of your friend for windows xp disc

Computer Expert :

You need a windows xp disc to fix this issue

Computer Expert :

Once you get the cd and boot from this cd and it will fix it

Computer Expert :

:)

Customer :

The one disk I have won't fix it? Yes, I already knew that a windows disk would fix it. Isn't there anything else I can do without have to get that disc

Computer Expert :

No there is nothing else you can do it without windows xp disc

Customer :

I know I need to disable automatic restart. Is there a way to do this in BIOS?

Computer Expert :

No :(

Computer Expert :

You can get a windows xp disc from any local computer shop or ask any of your friend for windows xp disc

Computer Expert :

Please let me know why did you rate me poor service

Computer Expert :

I am giving you correct and right answer

Computer Expert :

As there is no other way to fix it

Computer Expert :

I do not want to give you a wrong answer