Cris
Cris, Support Specialist
Experience:  6 years of IT experience in both business and residential.
10156100

My A665-S5173 suddenly will not connect to the home wireless

My A665-S5173 suddenly will not connect to the home wireless network. After a little troubleshooting the message says the radio button is off. When I press the radio function button (one button over from the power button) I get a windows explorer view of the contents of the hard drive. All of the other buttons seem to be OK. It seems like the radio button has be re-defined. If I press FN 8, it also says the radio button is off.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Cris replied 1 year ago.

ITCris :

Hi, Thanks for asking your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX will be glad to assist you.

ITCris :

Have you tried reinstalling the driver for the wireless adapter?

Customer:

Not yet!

ITCris :

OK, open the device manager on the laptop. Right click on the WiFi adapter and click on Uninstall.

ITCris :

Then right click at the top of the device manager (computer name) and select scan for new hardware changes.

ITCris :

That will reinstall the driver.

Customer:

It booting...

ITCris :

OK

Customer:

It re-installed, but did not change the radio button.

ITCris :

Can you try to enable it.

ITCris :

I believe on your model laptop it is holding FN and pressing F*

ITCris :

F8

Customer:

When I press F8 it says "please turn on the wireless communication switch"

ITCris :

OK we will have to reinstall the Toshiba value added pack.

ITCris :

Are you chatting from the laptop?

Customer:

No, I'm using my work computer.

ITCris :

Great, go into the control panel click on Uninstall Program.

remove the toshiba value added package.

ITCris :

then restart ccomputer and reinstall the toshiba value added pkg.

Then navigate to C:\Program Files\Toshiba\TBS\TBSWireless.exe

To reinstall the value added package.

Customer:

It is hung-up on the uninstall.

ITCris :

It may take a few mins.

ITCris :

make sure there are no pop ups.

Customer:

It's still working.

ITCris :

Did you go through the entire process?

Customer:

No, it is still showing the Unistall panel. No activity on the activity bar.

Customer:

OK it has started.

Customer:

Restarting...

Customer:

How do I install the value added package?

ITCris :

navigate to C:\Program Files\Toshiba\TBS\TBSWireless.exe

ITCris :

Double click on TBSWireless.exe to start the install.

Customer:

folder \TBS\ does not exist.

ITCris :

Click on the windows logo start button in the search box type in tbswireless.exe and hit enter.

Customer:

I just pressed the radio button and the orange LED came on on the front panel. I can log on once again. What did we do to fix the problem?

ITCris :

The value pack on the laptop was corrupted.

ITCris :

So we had to uninstall it.

Customer:

It must have re-installed automatically.

ITCris :

Yes on the restart.

Customer:

Thanks for the help!

Cris, Support Specialist
Experience: 6 years of IT experience in both business and residential.