Nathan, Systems Manager
Experience:  Own/operate computer networking/IT company.
59725966

Im looking for a live streaming encoder that operates without

I'm looking for a live streaming encoder that operates without the need for a computer. It connects to your camera. Can you help me?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

p0llinate :

Hello, and welcome. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I’ll be assisting you today.

First a brief overview of the process: This is a live chat format, so I’ll need to communicate back and forth with you. You’ve already paid a deposit or membership to post your question here. I am an independent tech, and am volunteering my time unpaid until our chat is concluded. At that time I’ll request you click the EXCELLENT smiley face to close out our chat. It is my intention to solve your problem with a quick, honest, and helpful answer and my goal is for a rating of Excellent Service. You may receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel I’ve earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Should you feel the need to provide a negative rating of Bad or Poor Service, please wait and let me know what I can do to clarify or more thoroughly answer your question instead. You are rating me personally, not this site or your product and negative rating will not initiate a refund. Please know that not all issues can be fixed online; in those cases of a hardware failure, I’ll troubleshoot and diagnose the problem, and provide a practical recommendation for how to proceed.

My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Let’s get started!

_________________________

p0llinate :

Hi there, what type of camera/connection are you looking to use here? Will you have access to a wifi or wired ethernet connection?

p0llinate :

If so, there are several devices on the market for this purpose, most of the pro grade ones are in the $2500 range, but if you are looking for something a bit more basic, there are some closer to $500 end of the spectrum as well,

p0llinate :

Something like this is probably going to be your best bet:

Livestream Broadcaster (click for link)

Customer:

I have a 2 cannon cameras that i use to live stream. I will be using a wifi connection. I'm going to take a look at livestream broadcaster link you provided.

p0llinate :

One of these (or 2) should work well for you then, they have a shoe mount and battery powered option as well, if you need to be a bit more mobile

Customer:

cannon gvc and a cannon vixia. will the broadcaster work with these cameras?

Customer:

i'm sorry - cannon GL2 and vixia 40

p0llinate :

As long as your camera can output hdmi, any camera will work with it

p0llinate :

So the vixia should be fine,

p0llinate :

I don't believe the older GL2 has hdmi out though,

p0llinate :

for that you'd want to just use the vixia only, or if you must use the gl2, you'd need an sdi-hdmi converter,

p0llinate :

There are some other streamers on the market that will capture both hdmi and composite inputs, but they will cost more:

Cerevo LiveShell PRO - USTREAM, Live (click for link)

p0llinate :

With the total cost being about the same though, the LiveStream I mentioned first along a converter will give you better overall quality

Customer:

Thanks Nathan. Will you send me you contact information so that i can contact you in the future for other questions?

Customer:

Then you say the LiveStream "along with a converter", does that mean i need a converter also in order to stream?

p0llinate :

Yes, absolutely.

p0llinate :

Not to stream from the vixia, that has hdmi output. The issue is that the LiveStream (the red one) only accepts hdmi, which your other cam doesn't have, so you'd need something to convert it to hdmi, if you wanted to use it with the streamer.

Customer:

OK got it!!!!!!!!!!!

p0llinate :

So I sent you a link to a converter as well, or you could buy the 2nd streamer device (the Cerevo one) which takes both inputs, but it costs as much as the LiveStream and converter together, and I don't think the quality is as good. Your choice of course, just want to give you a few options.

p0llinate :

Should you have any other questions, feel free to get back in touch. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://www.justanswer.com/electronics/expert-p0llinate/

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX a good day,

Nathan, Systems Manager
Experience: Own/operate computer networking/IT company.