lifesaver, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  Engineering degree in Computer science,Microsoft Certified Professional.JA computer expert.

I just built a computer yesterday and im having problems getting

I just built a computer yesterday and im having problems getting windows 7 home premium 64bit to install. Im using a Asus z87 deluxe motherboard 1150 socket with and intel 4770k cpu, with corsair vengeance pro ram 16gb, evga gtx 780 acx. When first trying to install windows 7 I had to put in my key code and password XXXXX five different times and finaly came up with and error that read C:\windows\system32\SndVolSSO.DLL is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. try install the program again using the original media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. All it dose now is go to the welcome screen and keeps loading. I cant put in a password XXXXX even get to the desktop. I tried putting the window 7 disc back in at the screen ware its loading and rest the computer and it restarts and to the screen tell you that you did not shut windows properly.
Category: Computer
Expert:  lifesaver replied 1 year ago.

lifesaver :

Hi ,Welcome to

lifesaver :

Are you trying to perform a fresh windows installation

lifesaver :

hi are you ther

lifesaver :

*there

Expert:  lifesaver replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do I need to do to fix the problem
Expert:  lifesaver replied 1 year ago.

Put the windows 7 disc in and try to boot from it. Looks like windows was not installed properly.

Start the system and get into BIOS. Change the boot priority to boot from DVD/CD drive first instead of harddisk.

Let me know if you face any issues.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

trieing it now

Expert:  lifesaver replied 1 year ago.
Ok.

Keep me posted.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok its installing now

Expert:  lifesaver replied 1 year ago.
Great.

make sure that you are performing a clean installation. If you get any error messages let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The error reads windows could not set the offline locale information , error code; 0x80FF0000
Expert:  lifesaver replied 1 year ago.

Error 0x800FF0000 is caused due to disc failure.

This seems to be an issue due to insufficient drive space. It might be because you were trying to install onto a logical drive instead of a primary drive.

Before installing windows did you ake sure that you delete all partitions in the hardisk, then recreate them.

You can use this guide.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1649-clean-install-windows-7-a.html
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

how do I delet all partitions on the hardisk

Expert:  lifesaver replied 1 year ago.

You need to simply click delete button when windows asks you where to install windows.

graphic

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok did that its starting a new installing

Expert:  lifesaver replied 1 year ago.
OK. Great.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

now its at the screen where you first start out when you first turn on the computer after you build it at the top it reads American megatrends. But at the bottom it now reads port 1 WDC WD1002FAEX-00Z3A0 S.M.A.R.T status Bad, Backup and Replace. press F1 to run SETUP I have a western digital hardrive

Expert:  lifesaver replied 1 year ago.

S.M.A.R.T status Bad means your motherboard is reporting that your harddisk is bad. That is why you are even unable to install windows smoothly.

You need to replace the harddisk. Go to the place from where you purchased the harddisk and say that its giving a smart error. You are entitled a free replacement if its a new harddisk.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

makes sence. I bought the harddrive from newegg so its new I will setup and rma with them. thank you for your help

Expert:  lifesaver replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome.

Regards.
lifesaver, Computer Software Engineer
Experience: Engineering degree in Computer science,Microsoft Certified Professional.JA computer expert.