Pete, Computer Engineer
Experience:  CISCO certified, Microsoft proficient, computing expert.
30970729

I bought a new windows

I bought a new windows 7 computer, downloaded and installed Eudora 7.1. It worked fine until I closed it and then would not re-open. Rebooted and it opened but AGAIN after closing it, it would nor re-open. This has happened MANY times. NEVER had a problem with Eudora on old XP and prior window operating systems. This does NOT happen with OTHER programs.

Also, the last time I opened Eudora, ALL my entries in the addresses were gone. WHY did this happen? If I restore them can I back them up on a flash drive? This is particularly aggravating because I can't find any answers in your on line support and can't find a phone number for tech support. WHAT IS A PHONE NUMBER I can call to talk with a tech support person to find out why this is happening and how to PREVENT IT.
Welcome to JustAnswer!
I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question.

Eudora 7.1 is not guaranteed to be compatible with Windows 7, however some users have been able to get it to work after several attempts.

Ensure you have administrator privileges when installing and running Eudora 7.1 on a Windows 7 computer.

Un-install and re-install Eudora. If the installer asks you to Choose Data Folder , select C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Qualcomm\Eudora . If it doesn't ask you to choose, change the folder before running Eudora for the first time:

1. Right-click the desktop Eudora shortcut.
2. Click Properties .
3. Set the Start in: folder to "C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Eudora "