James, Sr. Computer Support Expert
Experience:  20 years of experience building, fixing and servicing PCs and operating systems.

Hello. I have a HP Portabe Hard Drive that I formatted right

Hello. I have a HP Portabe Hard Drive that I formatted right after it had done its first back up of my PC.My problem now is its SimpleSave software is no longer working in it?? How do I get it to function again?
Many many many thanks
Pat from Ireland
Category: Computer
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pat, my name is James.

Can you tell me a bit more about the problem? What's going with Simple Save?

Thanks!

J.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What's going on with Simple Save is when I double click it stops dead. Nothing happens for me.

Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

I'd like to start a remote support session with you. This mean I'll be able to look at your screen together with you, and help you personally.

Would that be ok with you?

Appreciated!

J.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes by all means James

Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.

Please click here to start.

Important - if we are NOT connected within 5 minutes, something is NOT working right.
Please come back to justanswer.com and let me know - we will try something else!

Thanks,

J.
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
remote help
James, Sr. Computer Support Expert
Experience: 20 years of experience building, fixing and servicing PCs and operating systems.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

James the same story again with my Simple Save.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello again James.

I have a HP notebook that won't factory restore for me?

Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

Can you tell me a bit more? What are you trying to do, and why?

Thanks!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to factory restore it because I am giving it to my brother for his college next term.
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Okay, how did you try to restore so far?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Recovery manager, system restore factory image which never worked for me
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
Yeah, that happens often.
Would it be enough for you to simply remove your personal data off the hard drive? Or do you absolutely need to factory-restore the machine?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to factory restore the machine entirely
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this a failing in my machine?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
System restore doesn't even work no longer in it
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
It's a problem with the operating system, so to really fix it the OS needs to be re-installed, which is a lengthy process.

Instead, I can do a remote support session with you, and make sure all your personal stuff is deleted from the machine - if that's good enough, we can schedule a time for this.

J.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi J

Are you free to do the remote support session now?

Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.
I'm really sorry but I'm out of the office until Monday... will that still be ok?