Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO

helo. Just found justanswer.com, and would like yto have an

Customer Question

helo. Just found justanswer.com, and would like yto have an advice about my HP6510B Laptop (wich is @ Home while I'm here @ work...)

Initially, delivered with XP 32, I had installed fresh new RAM and WIn7 Home 64 few months ago, with no problem. I 'm quite a techie geek (and french, sorry for my English).

But here's my problem : Since recently, often can't I access anymore to the user login page (be it after a sleep or after a reboot) and access is then generally only granted after having restored a backup. No new or unknown hardware was installed, and I use to disconnect everything connected from 'outside' (usb, sd cards, etc..).

Any Idea why this user login page freezes that often ? (Not really frozen : the mouse pointer is always free)
Category: Computer
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Hello my name is Freddy. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Since you are restoring from a backup when it works properly are any updates installed after that?
It could be a corrupted windows update causing this issue.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Freddy, and Thanks,

Yes, that was my own guess until this morning, waking the laptop from sleep, when it happened again. Went to the Safe mode, but the restore history didn't show any new update. Anyway, I had de-activated any auto-update, preffering to be advised first...

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Do you know how to open the event viewer from computer management?
If you do please give me the last 3 or 4 entries in it.
If you are not sure how to do this let me know.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

mmmhhh... No, I don't think. And the laptop anyway is not in front of me.. Just wanted to know if a general solution to this problem was already known. But would you please tell me what to do and to look/expect for ?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
This is not a common issue so there is no general solution, without seeing those logs there is no way to test anything. You can get to them by clicking on start then right click on computer and click manage. Then on the left click on event viewer. You can take as long as you need to get this information so we can continue.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, will be back Home in 3 hours. But i'll have a look about the event manager and its last lines. Thank you.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Your welcome and take all the time you need.
.
Expert:  Kenny Ross replied 1 year ago.
Freddy Please take in mind of my assistance.