Hans Uebelhoer
Hans Uebelhoer, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Associates in Computer Sciences ; Cisco Product Expert.
29701876

I cant access the Stans Energy bullboard on Stockhouse

Customer Question

I can't access the Stans Energy bullboard on Stockhouse
Category: Computer
Expert:  Hans Uebelhoer replied 1 year ago.

Hans Uebelhoer :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you today. Please let me know when you are ready to start.

Hans Uebelhoer :

Can you please provide me the URL of the website that your trying to access but unable to get to?

Customer :

yes I think so are you here

Hans Uebelhoer :

Yes I am here

Hans Uebelhoer :

do you know what the Website address is for the website your trying to get to?

Customer :

will try to get the url

Hans Uebelhoer :

thank you

Hans Uebelhoer :

ok that is the one I found also

Hans Uebelhoer :

So when you go there what happens

Hans Uebelhoer :

Because that page should be blank accept for a little Login button on the top left

Hans Uebelhoer :

do you see that little login button

Hans Uebelhoer :

That is what I see

Hans Uebelhoer :

Full Size Image

Hans Uebelhoer :

Do you see the same thing?

Customer :

I get a white screen except for a non relevant orange strip on the upper left corner , from the information I have read if my username is XXXXX XXXXX am logged in

Customer :

will try for the hundredth time

Hans Uebelhoer :

Ok, that orange strip should have the Words "Community" and "Sign IN" inside that orange box

Hans Uebelhoer :

Is the orange Box blank for you?

Customer :

I can't see anything because your full size image link does not work

Customer :

I only see the orange, not the rest of what appears in the very small view, why cant I get a full size image

Hans Uebelhoer :

I am not sure why its not opening for you, there is an issue with your browser.

Customer :

are you here

Hans Uebelhoer :

I am going to give you some steps

Hans Uebelhoer :

to fix these isseus

Hans Uebelhoer :

issues

Customer :

no I do not see the same thing

Hans Uebelhoer :

ok

Hans Uebelhoer :

please give me a minute I am going to type up some steps for you to use to fix these issues

Customer :

had to scroll down, my bad. There is no community at all I reduce my screen to 50

Customer :

50% and no community

Hans Uebelhoer :

Ok I am going to give you steps to fix these issues we need to clear the cache and reset IE

Hans Uebelhoer :

give me about 4 minutes to type up those steps

Customer :

ok , good

Hans Uebelhoer :

Ok, before you follow these steps, I will need you to do something, becusae after you clear the cache and reset IE I will be disconnected from you

Hans Uebelhoer :

So we need to save this page to your bookmarks

Customer :

don't know how

Hans Uebelhoer :

Please hit CTRL + D on your keyboard Then name this chat what ever you want or will remember such as Chat > then there will be a drop down that will tell you where your new bookmark is saved, Choose Bookmarks bar

Hans Uebelhoer :

let me know once you have the bookmark saved and you can see it on your bookmarks tool bar accross the top

Customer :

there is no "bookmarks bar" on the dropdown. 7 home premium

Hans Uebelhoer :

what do you see on the drop down

Hans Uebelhoer :

It should be called Favorites Bar

Customer :

favorites seems the only option with about 8 sub sets, starts with dell etc

Hans Uebelhoer :

ok as long as you see it saved there you can go back they by hitting CTRL + B to open your bookmarks

Hans Uebelhoer :

then you can click on that one you save

Hans Uebelhoer :

Now I will type up the steps you need to take

Hans Uebelhoer :

I will send you an email also when were done here so that you can get back to me that way also

Customer :

found favorites bar and clicked add

Customer :

thanks

Hans Uebelhoer :

ok great

Customer :

Clicked control b and found our chatting

Hans Uebelhoer :

ok great. I am almost done

Hans Uebelhoer :

1. Click on the Gear Icon in the top right corner or Internet Explorer 2. Choose Internet Options 3. On the general tab there is a section called Browsing History > Choose the Delete button 4. Put a check mark in the following "Cookies and website data" and "Temporary Internet Files " 5. Next click Delete and wait for it to finish. 6. Once that is done, now we need to reset IE. Click on the Gear Icon in the top right corner or Internet Explorer 7. Choose Internet Options 8. Choose the Advanced Tab 9. Choose Reset and complete the Reset 10. once its all reset try the website again.

Hans Uebelhoer :

I will loose you after you do all that. If you need more help use that bookmark to come back to see me. If it does resolve the issue as I suspect it will please rate my services once your ready.

Customer :

are these instructions going to go away as soon as I hit some button, I just turned on my printer

Hans Uebelhoer :

I can send you an email with them in it

Hans Uebelhoer :

That will end our chat though

Hans Uebelhoer :

We will have to chat back and forth by eamil

Hans Uebelhoer :

email

Hans Uebelhoer :

from that point on

Customer :

I believe you need to send the email with the instructions, unless I have hard copy to follow I am lost.

Customer :

will check for it now

Hans Uebelhoer :

OK I will send them no problem

Hans Uebelhoer :

I am going to switch over Q and A mode now so I can send them. From this point forward we will communicate back and forth via email.

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Hi Martim,

Here are the steps as I promised.

1. Click on the Gear Icon in the top right corner or Internet Explorer
2. Choose Internet Options
3. On the general tab there is a section called Browsing History > Choose the Delete button
4. Put a check mark in the following "Cookies and website data" and "Temporary Internet Files "
5. Next click Delete and wait for it to finish.
6. Once that is done, now we need to reset IE. Click on the Gear Icon in the top right corner or Internet Explorer
7. Choose Internet Options
8. Choose the Advanced Tab
9. Choose Reset and complete the Reset
10. once its all reset try the website again.

If you need any more help please reply back.

It was very nice working with you today, please make sure that you use the ratings system (Smiley Faces or Stars) to rate how my service was. Have a great night!

Regards
Hans U

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Relist: Other. the answer is impractical. To follow the reset function would render my computer virtually useless with lost passwords that are saved. are you there?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

reset seems to eliminate all saved passwords. I don't think I could function with the machine with that.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

with no saved passwords I could lose function of the machine for several days while I retrieved passwords. It does not seem logical, and a cut and paste answer that puts me at great inconvenience, and since the board I am attempting to answer deals with an important event in my stock portfolio that occurred today the reset may cost me a lot more than 58 dollars.

Hi Martim,

I am here. Did you try following just the first steps I provided. That in iteslf may also fix the issue. Please try just these first.

2. Choose Internet Options

Let me know if it works or not. I will check on the reset to see if it removes passwords.

Regards
Hans U
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok doing that now, not sure how we communicate will check my email and all open windows.

Yes just reply back like you just did now. and I will get your email shortly after.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

cannot access the web site, per their instructions

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

have you been able to access the web site?

When you go to this page now,

http://www.stockhouse.com/companies/bullboard/v.hre/stans-energy-corp

Do you see a Log in button in the orange Banner at the top left?

When I go to that link I can click on the little Sign IN button but I dont have an account.Are you able to get to that sign in page?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hans are you there

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Can you access the site. The username is XXXXX XXXXX the password XXXXX XXXXX

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I get to the page but there is no signin option that I can see. Tell me where on the screen the sign in option is.

OK try this

CLICK HERE -----> http://www.stockhouse.com/portfolio

Then you should see a sign in button in the top right. Do you see it?

If so please try to log in.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

When I go to that link I seem to be logged in as I am greeted by username. just to the right of the words my portfolio

It looks like they may be experiencing issues with their main login page,but you will be able to log in using this link from now on or until they fix that login page.

http://www.stockhouse.com/portfolio

Let me know if you need anything else.

Regards
Hans U
Hi Martin I see you rated me poorly. We were able to get you logged in correct?

Regards
Hans U
Martim,

You can also access your billboards directly by using this link

http://www.stockhouse.com/community/bullboards

Since you were able to log in using this link should also take you directly to your billboards.

Regards
Hans Uebelhoer