Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, PC Tech
Experience:  2 year degree from ITT Technical Institute.

All of a sudden, my WD external hard drive wont work through

Customer Question

All of a sudden, my WD external hard drive won't work through the Windows Explorer. I get a window that pops up saying "Windows can't access this disc - The disc might be corrupt. Make sure it uses a format that Windows recognizes. If the disc is unformatted, you need to format it before using it".

I don't remember doing anything weird with it. I need to get a ton of photos off of it.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Charles A. Roberts replied 3 years ago.
Hello, My name is Charles, and I will do whatever I possibly can to help answer your question. I am very sorry you have encountered this kind of problem. I understand how frustrating this kind of problem can be. Can you tell me if this is the only computer that it's doing this on?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, I have two laptops and the message is the same.

Again I am terribly sorry to hear about this complication. I see, This means that the partition has malfunctioned. There is however a software that can retrieve the data from the drive. Here is the link:

You will want the data recovery wizard. That software can save the data on that drive. Keep in mind the free version can only save 1 GB of data you would need to buy it to actually save more. I have used this software and I have noticed a lot of good things about this software. Keep in mind once you save the data you will need to format the external hard drive.

Hello this is Charles I spoke with you on the 2nd I was just wondering if you are still needing assistance with your external hard drive.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to let me know...
Please don't leave negative feedback, Positive Feedback and Bonuses are not expected, but are always appreciated! You will be getting a survey on my assistance and information It would be greatly appreciated to let Superiors know how I am doing thank you and please try and have a good day.