Freddy M.
Freddy M., Support Specialist
Experience:  Years of experience in the IT field and in customer support.
15852642

I am attempting to uninstall Samsungs auto backup for my Win

I am attempting to uninstall Samsung's auto backup for my Win 7 computer. The installed number is XXXXX Can you help me?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Hello my name isXXXXX look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Even if it is on you should be able to uninstall it, what happens when you try to?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay, I had to reboot. It refuses to allow me to uninstall. Indicates the program is running, as I indicated previously.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
It should automatically turn off since it is not we can force it to.
Press ctrl+alt+delete and open the task manager.

Then when the task manager window opens click on the processes tab at the top,
Find the Samsung backup programs in the list.

Then right click on it and click on end process tree.
Once it has been ended try to uninstall it.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.

If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX give it a try.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Your welcome, please let me know the results when you can.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Your solution worked perfectly. Thank you!

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Your welcome and please don't forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
.
Freddy M., Support Specialist
Experience: Years of experience in the IT field and in customer support.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Your service was excellent but, for some reason, the auto backup is still doing its thing, although the program does not show up on the registry. I will probably have to do a re-install.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Is it showing in the task manager?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Something else is doing it then, what exactly is happening?
What processes are running?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have no other back up systems running. It's weird. I've been programming computers since the Commodore 64 in the early 1980's. I've never run into anything like this. The only thing that might explain it is that the core program was not really eliminated.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
If it is not in processes it is not running.
That is why I asked what exactly the system is doing that made you uninstall it in the first place.
What processes are showing as running in the task manager?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I've solved the problem. Apparently Dell has an automatic backup program that doesn't show up as such on the registry. While I'm a novice on C++, I was able to figure out what was going on. I eliminated the program and now all is well.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
That makes sense, Dell installs a lot of bloatware you may want to check and make sure there is nothing else you do not need as well. I am glad to hear it is working now.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Really appreciate your help. Sad to see you are working today.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Any time and if you ever need me again you can get me posting posting "For Freddy M." and unfortunately I work on all major holidays as it is hard to get customers to rate our answers. So the extra time can sometimes make up for it.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I did rate your answers, did it not record?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
You did rate and it is greatly appreciate thank you. If you ever need me again you can get me posting posting "For Freddy M."
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Will do, thanks. Be well and do take care.