Marco
Marco, IT Consultant
Experience:  10+ years of experience as an IT Consultant.

I have a 13 year old daughter and I am concerned she has been

I have a 13 year old daughter and I am concerned she has been speaking with an older man online. I can not access her account and I need hep
Category: Computer
Expert:  Marco replied 1 year ago.

businesslegions :

Hi there,

businesslegions :

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be assisting you with this issue.

businesslegions :

PLEASE NOTE: If this chat is idle for 5 minutes (no messages received by either party) it times out. If you do login to this chat and it appears I'm offline, please leave me a message here and I'll connect as soon as I can.

businesslegions :

Without the answer to the security question you will not be able to login. However, there are tools to monitor chat activity

businesslegions :

is she using a computer or a mac?

Customer:

yes, or a iPhone

businesslegions :

so she has a mac

Customer:

She uses her iPhone

businesslegions :

ok

businesslegions :

<click here> just so you know that it's an invasion of privacy but that tool can monitor activity

businesslegions :

it does mean you need to access their phone

businesslegions :

and install it

businesslegions :

is that what you were after?

Customer:

I have to have the device, or can I just put in the phone number

businesslegions :

yes you have to have the device

businesslegions :

there is an iphone installation guide on the website

businesslegions :

which details how to do it - it requires the phone to be jail broken

businesslegions :

the steps to do that are on the website under the iphone installation guide. It also contains a video

Customer:

Is There anything out there similiar where you dont need the device

businesslegions :

no it's no possible

businesslegions :

you need to install something on the phone to be able to monitor it

Customer:

Can you Call me?

businesslegions :

we are not allowed to call

businesslegions :

it's again the term and conditions of this service

Customer:

Okay, I gonna be honest with you bro. This is not for my daughter. My wife and I are going thru a divorce and she put something like that on my phone and was montitering me.

businesslegions :

don't give out any private information

businesslegions :

this chat is public

Customer:

Since then I changed carriers and for a while it stopped. But after my son went to visit her she got my Phone number and its happening again. She never got a hold of the actual device

businesslegions :

even after changing carriers the program may still be there

businesslegions :

because its a program that is stored on the phone

businesslegions :

so what you need to do

businesslegions :

is to perform a factory default on your phone

Customer:

But its a different phone

businesslegions :

well it's not possible to be able to install something by just having the phone number

businesslegions :

image how many friends you can monitor if that was the case

businesslegions :

you need to have the phone physically and then install the software

Customer:

well its happening, she just changed my pass code on this dating site tonite. I was tripping so i created two more just to see and almost immediately she changed the pass codes again

Customer:

I

businesslegions :

did you only access it via the phone?

businesslegions :

does she have access to your email?

Customer:

yes

businesslegions :

what about email?

businesslegions :

was it a completely new email account/

Customer:

I created that email after she left and if she was able to access that, i don't no how

Customer:

How can I be sure she's accessing that email

businesslegions :

is it a gmail account?

Customer:

yahoo

businesslegions :

This website explains how to check you recent login activity: http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?locale=en_US&page=content&id=SLN2073

Customer:

okay, you mind if I check real quick?

businesslegions :

sure no problems

businesslegions :

i'll wait here

Customer:

I signed it but could not locate where it says last logins

businesslegions :

under sign in and security

businesslegions :

you need to check on a computer not your phone

Customer:

I guess im gonna have to pay attention to when I log in

Customer:

But Im still confused how she got the password XXXXX that email

businesslegions :

:)

Customer:

My two sons have a macbook, is it possible she installed that software on the macs and the mac pro at home

businesslegions :

yes

businesslegions :

do you use their macs?

Customer:

all the time! Is there a way of finding out for sure if there is some sort of software on here?

businesslegions :

on the mac click on About This Mac > More Info > Software > Applications

businesslegions :

and then see what's installed

businesslegions :

go through each program and find out what they do

Customer:

what is web kit plug in host

businesslegions :

its for displaying HTML pages

Customer:

okay, well i cant determine if any of those are suspicious. are you able to take remote access of my screen

businesslegions :

unfortunately i can't do that

businesslegions :

are you still there?

Customer:

okay, thanks for help man

Customer:

okay thanks for help

Marco, IT Consultant
Experience: 10+ years of experience as an IT Consultant.