Kenny Ross
Kenny Ross, Certified IT Professional
Experience:  CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+ Certified Professional

Facebook iPad app consistently shows two sawtoothed line breaks

Facebook iPad app consistently shows two sawtoothed line breaks in my Newsfeed, preventing new posts from showing/loading. Refreshing doesn't work. Deleting/Reinstalling app doesn't work. Help!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Kenny Ross replied 1 year ago.

Kenny Ross :

Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I possibly can to help answer your questions. To answer that question have you tried installing the most recent updates on your iPad?

Customer:

Hi Kenny. Are you still there? I do have the most recent updates on my iPad and I'm still getting the breaks in Facebook Newsfeed. I took a screen shot to show you what the break always looks like. How can I get that to you?

Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.

Hello Sir. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. It seems, the other expert is offline now. So I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

Please go to www.wikisend.com and upload your screenshot there. Then give me the download link wikisend gives you.

Regards

Jins

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I will send my screenshot if you are still available. Please advise if you are online. Thanks.

Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am online please share the screenshot. Let me know is that a new problem or a problem from the beginning of the usage of that app.

Regards
Jins
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi.

This is not a new problem on my iPad Facebook app ~ it happens pretty much every time I open the app.

I just uploaded my screen shot. The download link is:

http://wikisend.com/download/157130/-3.jpg

***Just received a message this has "been referred to all Computer Experts". Why is that??

Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.
Okay, please go to m.facebook.com with your ipad browser. Can you read the news feeds without any problem ?

Regards
Jins
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, in m.facebook.com I can read the news feed fine {it loads all posts}. In the past I always resorted to going to facebook.com on my Safari iPad browser in order to read all posts, but what I'm looking to do is being able to do this on the actual Facebook app I have installed. Is that going to be possible, or am I going to have to go through the m.facebook.com on the browser instead. And if so, why? Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, in m.facebook.com I can read the news feed fine {it loads all posts}. In the past I always resorted to going to facebook.com on my Safari iPad browser in order to read all posts, but what I'm looking to do is being able to do this on the actual Facebook app I have installed. Is that going to be possible, or am I going to have to go through the m.facebook.com on the browser instead. And if so, why? Thank you

Expert:  Kenny Ross replied 1 year ago.
Could you please install the lastest update for your iPad, after installing you may also want to update the fackbook app. Finally if the issue still occur, re-install the facebook app and post your results. Thank you for your patience!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I already installed the latest update for your iPad. I have also updated the facebook app. I have also already re-installed the Facebook app. And the problem still remains.

Expert:  Kenny Ross replied 1 year ago.

Could you verify which update you have installed by doing the following: Go to Settings> General> Software Update; this should tell which iOS your running on 6.x.x for example. Also try going into the apple store> updates> find fackbook, and see which version your using. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Kenny ~ okay, just checked Settings, General, Software Update and the iOS is 6.1.3

Expert:  Kenny Ross replied 1 year ago.
Ok great, could you please follow the steps to see which version of Facebook our using?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Okay ~ I went to Settings, Facebook, Settings and it says under Version: 228172. Is that what you are talking about>

Expert:  Kenny Ross replied 1 year ago.
Could you please try logging out of facebook and log back in to make sure your only using one account, with one email address?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Okay, I just logged out and logged back in on the Facebook iPad app. Yes, I seem to be only using one account, with the one email address.

Expert:  Kenny Ross replied 1 year ago.
Does the issue still exist?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Kenny, I just opened the app back up and the issue is not there CURRENTLY. However, this is and always has been an intermittent problem ~ albeit a fairly constant problem! Meaning it happens about 7 out of 10 times I log on, I would would say. So...I'm afraid to tell you that this very time I logged on and the posts all loaded and there was not that break line fixes this, because as in the past, the very next time or two, the line appears, "hiding" behind it all the new posts.

Expert:  Kenny Ross replied 1 year ago.
I completely understand, with the knowledge you know now, remember to keep your device up to date along with the application itself. If issues occur again, I suggest contact facebook support to see if they can provide you with any additional information. I wish you the best of luck!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Okay. {I guess!} I do ALWAYS keep my iPad AND all apps updated on a daily basis. And other than signing out and signing in, I'm honestly not sure what was fixed.

Expert:  Kenny Ross replied 1 year ago.
I understand your fustration. My only other suggestion, is from facebook:
Go into account settings>
Notifications>
Mobile Push>
here are all of the notifications that you want to see in your feed.

After doing this we've verified and configured every setting, that could cause this. Anything outside of this would be a programming error that would have to be fixed by the developers of the facebook app.

As I suggested before, contact facebook support and they will give you an update and resolve this issue if your not the only user having this issue.

I hope my assistance was helpful for you in everyway!
Kenny Ross, Certified IT Professional
Experience: CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+ Certified Professional
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.

Hello Sir, Sorry for the delay in reply. It seems another expert assisting you. But I need to say something. Actually there is a lot of people complaining about FB App. Most of them have news feed related issues and some one have app crashing problem. Please check this apple forum discussion and follow the tips recommended there.

Facebook depends on cookies and when you have too many built up it can cause it to run slowly or crash. Go into settings, safari, clear cookies and data. Then close the Facebook app from the multitask menu (double tap the home button, hold your finger on one of the apps, press the cross in the corner). When you reopen Facebook you should have to log in again but it should all reload from scratch.

Regards
Jins

Expert:  Kenny Ross replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know if I can be of any assistance if this issue occurs again. Thank you!