Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, PC Tech
Experience:  2 year degree from ITT Technical Institute.
46034742

Im a new laptop user. The only way that Ive figured out

I'm a new laptop user. The only way that I've figured out how to open the DVD drawer is to go to computer, right click on DVD drive and click eject. If my laptop crashes with a CD in the drive, is there another way to get the drawer to open so I can get the offending CD or DVD out? I have HP ProBook.

Thanks!
Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I possibly can to help answer your question. How exciting a new laptop I am happy for you. Can you please tell me the exact model number of this machine please so I can check out to see if it has fail safes and to know what I am looking at please?Smile
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sure - I have to find the receipt.

It should be located under the machine as well. I will be waiting.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks. It's an HP ProBook 4540 Notebook

It looks like there is a manual release. Go to this link and you will see all the options on manually removing disk. You will need to scroll down to the middle of the page to locate it. http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=110&prodSeriesId=5229455&prodTypeId=321957&prodSeriesId=5229455&objectID=c03302363

Let me know if you can see that Debbie. Smile

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, I see it Chris. Thanks so much for your help.

You are very welcome Debbie, If you have any further questions, please feel free to let me know...
Please don't leave negative feedback, If something isn't working let me know and I will continue working with you to resolve it! Positive Feedback and Bonuses are not expected, but are always appreciated!

Thank you very much for being our customer and please enjoy the rest of your evening. Smile

I would just like to say thank you for the very kind feedback and the very Generous bonus. You have a wonderful evening Debbie.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You too. Thanks for your help Chris!

You are very welcome.