Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, PC Tech
Experience:  2 year degree from ITT Technical Institute.

My 3 year old was playing with his Asus TF101 tablet. Battery

My 3 year old was playing with his Asus TF101 tablet. Battery went dead and we plugged it in over night. The next morning I was dead, won't charge or come on when plugged in. Got any ideas?
Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I possibly can to help answer your question. I am very sorry that this problem has happened to you. To my understanding even when plugged in and when you try and turn it on that way it still fails to turn on correct?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thats correct

I see, I am very sorry. Are there any lights or anything on it currently?
Do you have the keyboard attached to it by chance at this time?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No keyboard

OK and what about lights any lights at all?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No lights

OK hold the power button down for 30 second once that is done then try powering it up and tell me if anything happens since we know for sure it's charge and we know for sure it's getting power.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Pushed and held power button for 30 secs, plugged in and not plugged in. Nothing, no lights, beeps or response of any kind.

OK unplug the unit from the power cord, don't forget check to make sure the power cord has no damage and make sure it was connected to a working outlet. Now before doing this step you will want the cable removed from the tablet. Press and hold the VOL DOWN and then POWER button at the same time for at least 10-12 seconds until after the start-up screen appears if it does not appear you either have a bad battery or bad logic board that would need to be taken for repair or replacement. Also do you know how long you have had this tablet?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I bought it in March 2012

I assume it's still not responding correct?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, nothing, dead.

I was afraid of that, I really don't like giving bad news and believe me I am so very sorry about this. The problem that is causing this is either the battery needs to be replaced or worse the logic board has malfunctioned and would need to be replaced or repaired. I am so very sorry about this.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to let me know...
Please don't leave negative feedback, Positive Feedback and Bonuses are not expected, but are always appreciated!

I would like to thank you very kindly for your more than generous rating. Please let me know if you do have any other computer related questions. Thank you for being our customer.