J Tech
J Tech, Computer Support
Experience:  Owner of X XXXX Computer Repair
31481149

i have a visual land 7L wi-fi internet notebook. 2nd day i

i have a visual land 7L wi-fi internet notebook. 2nd day i got it i put it on the charger and was trying to access wi-fi but i couldn't lock-on. at that point i turned off the device and left it on the charger. when i took it off the charger all icons for internet search engines, and all icons for the apps installed when i got it (gift from sister) had disappeared. i cannot access the internet now, but i can get gmail and facebook. i'm about to throw it out the window, i don't need mobile access for gmail and facebook. what if anything can i do to bring back Google, Yahoo, wikipedia, etc. I still have apps like netflix, amazon kindle, skype, adobe flash player, but i cannot access them! what can i do.
Hello, you can perform a hard reset to bring the device back to its factory settings.

There is no password XXXXX If you forget your password, the only way to fix this is to perform a hard reset of the tablet which will clear all data and restore it to its factory settings. This method only works if you have Android 4.0.4. 1.Make sure the unit is powered off. 2.Press and hold the "V+BUTTON" for 5 seconds alone, then while still holding down the VOL+ button press the "POWER BUTTON" as well simultaneously for 15 seconds. 3.The Android recovery screen will appear, release the VOL+ and Power Button and press the VOL- button once to enter the menu. 4.Use the "VOL- BUTTON" to scroll down to "Wipe Data/Factory Reset" then press the "POWER BUTTON" to select this option. 5.On the next screen, scroll down to "Yes -- Delete all user data" and press the "POWER BUTTON." 6.Then select "Reboot System Now" again using the "POWER BUTTON" 7.The tablet should now be back to its factory settings and you should be able to access it once again.

Read more: My daughter has a Visual Land Prestige 7 Android 4.0 internet Tablet 7 and she forgot her pattern? - I have found everything on the internet and tried. Hit the power twice, reset on back, power and volume up button. Nothing works and I just want to reset to factory settings. I am so frustrated with her but I need to get this fixed. Any suggestions? :: Ask Me Fast at http://www.askmefast.com/My_daughter_has_a_Visual_Land_Prestige_7_Android_40_internet_Tablet_7_and_she_forgot_her_pattern-qna3718823.html
1.Make sure the unit is powered off.
2.Press and hold the "V+BUTTON" for 5 seconds alone, then while still holding down the VOL+ button press the "POWER BUTTON" as well simultaneously for 15 seconds. 3.The Android recovery screen will appear, release the VOL+ and Power Button and press the VOL- button once to enter the menu.
4.Use the "VOL- BUTTON" to scroll down to "Wipe Data/Factory Reset" then press the "POWER BUTTON" to select this option.
5.On the next screen, scroll down to "Yes -- Delete all user data" and press the "POWER BUTTON."
6.Then select "Reboot System Now" again using the "POWER BUTTON"
7.The tablet should now be back to its factory settings and you should be able to access it once again.