Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.

When I open Chrome, it always opens with a page containing

When I open Chrome, it always opens with a page containing screen shots and links to what look like eight of my most frequently used web sites. But instead I just want Chrome to go to open with my home page, which is set as Any idea how I get Chrome to open directly to my home page? (BTW, I'm using a portable version of Chrome.)
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Did it work previously? So you've already set the home page, but it does not work. If you had tried the full version (not portable), did it work?

Also, besides Chrome, are you able to use Internet Explorer (the big 'e' program icon)?

Can we do a screen sharing session, so I can check and fix this issue directly for you?

Please let me know. Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This is on a work computer so I can only use the portable Chrome application.

I've used Firefox and IE without problems.

Can't do a screen sharing session; sorry.

OK. So you go to Settings in Google chrome, and make sure the option "Open a specific page or set of pages." is selected right (not the option "Open the New Tab page")?

Are you using the latest chrome portable?

Does your google chrome portable work on another computer?

Are you using Firefox portable also?

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My Chrome is set to "Open a specific page or set of pages" and when I click "Set pages", the page listed is

So I don't know what's going on.

I don't have another computer at the moment on which to test Chrome portable. My Firefox portable works just fine.

Sorry, did it ever work previously?

Can you try this: set to "Open the New Tab page" and/or "Continue where I left off", then close Chrome,

, then re-open Chrome, then set back to Open a specific page or set of pages", , , does it work?

If needed, can you go to Bookmarks manager in Chrome, then organize -> export bookmarks..., then close Chrome

, then if you do not use your Google Chrome portable, but download one at

; try the latest version

, does it work? If it works, use this one; and import your bookmarks.

Thank you,

Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Solved it by adding the extension New Tab Redirect.

Great. Thank you for letting me know. If you need anything else, please let us know any time. Thank you very much.