Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, PC Tech
Experience:  2 year degree from ITT Technical Institute.

I have XP Professional, when trying to upgrade I am told the

Customer Question

I have XP Professional, when trying to upgrade I am told the product code is incorrect.
The code is QGQF2-X44VM-MBQDP-VPHTG-M78PX
What is the fix.
Regards XXXXX XXXXX
Category: Computer
Expert:  Charles A. Roberts replied 1 year ago.
Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX X will do whatever I possibly can to help answer your questions. I am sorry you have ran into this kind of problem I understand it can be frustrating to run into this. You said you are trying to upgrade to windows XP professional. Can you tell me if you are using a windows XP upgrade disk for starters and were are you getting this product key from?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Charles, as far as I know it is a full system dick I purchased some 3 years ago, I have never been able to load it. I have run the system check and it said all is well with the computer. The code is on the back of the disk cover.

Ok so it's not the upgrade version it is in fact the full version of windows XP professional am I correct? Also what is currently on the machine you are trying to upgrade. Also is it windows xp home 32 bit or 64 bit? Do you also know if that disk is windows XP professions 32 or 64 bit?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It was sold to me as a full version.

i am running XP Media Centre edition 2005, I think is 32 bit, not sure.

If that product key is incorrect or the person who sold it to you gave you either a miss typed or the key was misread it will say that or if that key was not originally for windows xp pro than it's not going to work whom and where did your buy it from?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I missed a bit of ifo the pro is version 2002, I got the disk from one of our local computer shops who have since gone out backwards.

The problem it seems is not with the disk, You would either need to obtain a different Windows XP pro key or you would need to get on from Microsoft by contacting them. I am sorry about this I really am but the one you have is either not for xp pro or it's not typed or written correctly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Charles, could you give me the correct web site t contact.

Sure not a problem: Here is the site and it has all the contact information for Microsoft and phone number as well. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319726

Tell them you need a new windows xp professional product key.

They will be able to provide that to you.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to let me know...
Please don't leave negative feedback, If something isn't working let me know and I will continue working with you to resolve it! Positive Feedback and Bonuses are not expected, but are always appreciated!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks I will contact them. I have no complaints about the service.

Best regards XXXXX XXXXX

Thank you and please try and have a good day.Smile
Charles A. Roberts, PC Tech
Experience: 2 year degree from ITT Technical Institute.
Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 1 year ago.

Hello sir,
My name is XXXXX XXXXX of the expert in computer category. There is a method to retrieve key from Windows Xp installation. Please see the procedure

1: Insert Windows Xp installatio disc on computer
2: Open disk drive > open I386 folder >
Find file named unattend.txt (use seach option to get it fast).
3: Open unattend.txt > At bottom you can see 25 digit product key
4: Install using it

Let me know if it helps

(Please Click smiley button and leave me good feedback if this suggestion has helped you)

Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 1 year ago.
I am glad to know that your issue has been solved.

But would you let me know that which method you tried?

Have you contacted Microsoft or Just done above procedure to get product key from CD?

waiting for your reply
:)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Charles, I have had no luck in trying to contact Microsoft, so I have given up and will continue to use what I have.

It was your service I considered as excellent not Microsoft.

Best regards XXXXX XXXXX

Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for reply.

By the way, I am Fiyaz, who helped you on this and charles is my colleague who attended initially.

Its now clear and thanks for contacting Just Answer.

We, Just Answer / Pearl always welcome you for any kind of assistance you might need in future.
Have a nice day :)

Regards,
Fiyaz

Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 1 year ago.

Hello sir,
Hope evering this going fine. I am really sorry if i distrub you. My admin is confused that you spell Charles name and told "it was your service I considered as excellent not Microsoft".

I am Fiyaz(arsufi2002) who told you second option(Get product key from CD)

Everything gets alright if you just reply it was Fiyaz(arsufi2002) who solved issue

Just waiting for your reply
:)
Regrads,
Fiyaz