Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 8 7 Vista XP etc.

HOW CAN I MANUALLY ADJUST MONITOR BRIGHTNESS

Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello Ray! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is this a laptop or desktop? What's the model of your monitor?

Have you use the control buttons on the monitor and adjust there?

Please let me know. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

desktop

Samsung

there are no controls to adjust

How about the touch icons on the monitor? Can you please let me know the exact model of your samsung monitor? Please check at the back of the monitor, etc. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

B2330

Thank you. Please click on the image below to see the location of the brightness icon on the monitor, so you can tap/press it and adjust:

graphic

Also, if you need, here is the full manual for your monitor:

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/200912/20091221153641812/BN59-00982A-02Eng.pdf

Please let me know if there is still any issue. You can click on the Reply to Expert tab below and reply back to me, so I can help further as needed. Thank you very much.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I followed the instructions and the brightness increased. Now I can hardly see anything. I want to decrease the brightness not increase it.

Sorry, can you please press the brightness/up icon, then press the down arrow icon (on the left of the brightness/up icon) to lower it?

Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you
Experience: Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 8 7 Vista XP etc.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

When I press the brightness up icon it stays up for a few seconds and then disappears. Is there a way to keep it on?

No, it will disappear if you do not do anything. After pressing the brightness up icon, then what happens when you press the down arrow icon? Does it lower the brightness? Press the down arrow icon a few times as needed. Please let me know. Thank you