Jeremy
Jeremy, Computer Repairer
Experience:  Computer Issues? Let my 14 years experience work to solve your toughest issue. Simple and Fast.
62669195

What is your cost?

Customer Question

What is your cost?

Category: Computer
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name isXXXXX would like to assist you with your question. I am an expert here on JustAnswer.com in the computer field.

How are you doing today?

Reg Cure programs can cause a lot more harm than good. It sounds more like you may have a ton of startup items or even possibly Malware. No worries however. I'll help you with 2 ways to correct these issues for free Smile

Here is what you want to do

First add our chat to your favorites This way you can easily return after testing (You can also return to this page from the link in your e-mail)

Once you have our chat saved to your favorites

Hold the Windows Key (Looks like a flag on the keyboard) and press r

In the Runbox type msconfig and push enter

Click the Startup Tab

Press Disable ALL

Press Apply

Click on the Services Tab.

Check the box to "Hide Microsoft Items"

Click Disable All once again

Press Apply and OK

It will ask if you want to Restart or Exit without restart. For now choose "Exit without Restart"

(we'll manually reboot after we run a Malwarebytes scan for these above steps to take effect)

Next we want to double check to make sure no Spyware has infected your computer.

Click this link

http://tinyurl.com/jeremymalwarebytes3

If it asks if you want to run or save choose Run

When the setup opens click OK, Next check both I accept boxes and press Next, Press Next 4 more times, then press Install

When the install completes it will open Malwarebytes automatically

Press the Scan button

The scan could take anywhere from 10 minutes up to an hour or more. If it finds any threats press the Show Results button then click the Remove Selected button.

This will reboot your computer and remove any infections you may have on your computer.

If it does not find any threats go ahead and manually shut the computer down for the msconfig steps above to take effect.

Let's see how that helps out, if you get stuck on any steps I will be here to help you in any way I can Smile

If you have a moment don't forget to rate my help below (an excellent service rating is most appreciated) Laughing

Also if you need any computer help in the future, you can return to this chat anytime day or night (I am online from 9am est until at least 11pm est every day of the week)

Thanks again for all you patience

Jeremy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have had no response to "there is no Services Tab to click"

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
Would you mind if I remotely connected in to assist you? If thats okay with you

https://secure.join.me/Download.aspx?webdownload=true

Click the above link, A download should begin. If it asks at the bottom if you want to run or save choose Run

This will open the Join.me Application. When it open a 9 digit number will be at the top (should look similar to this format(NNN) NNN-NNNN

Reply to me with the 9 digit number

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I do not receive the 9 digit number. I was not able to open the link that you sent me.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have done all of above but have not received a 9 digit number

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
Did the Join.me application open?

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Take a look at the above picture.This is where the 9 digit number is.

Let me know if your screen looks like this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, send the numbers again and we can go from there

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No, I don't see the picture shown above.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

In the above picture when msconfig opened before. You said you could not see the startup/services tab. I highlighted the startup tab, next to it is services. Can you see if you can locate this ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

465-466-422

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
Can you verify the numbers once again? It shows invalid? if it were open for a while the code could have expired which means you would have to Exit join.me then re-open Join.me (the icon on the desktop) and reply with the new 9 digit number

Register Here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Those numbers are correct

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
Must have expired. Go ahead and exit Join.me then re-open and reply with the new 9 digit numbers :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, I no longer have the Join.me numbers

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
Did you re-open Join.me from the desktop Icon? If not try to re-download and open once again

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

662-449-999

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
I think I may have lost you, think the power on the laptop went out. Did the numbers change?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry computer in repair shop may be 2 or 3 days . Will contact when ready. 320 295 3166 cell Harold
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Computer went black, in repair shop maybe 2 or3days. Will contact ASAP. Sorry

Harold

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
No problem Harold, take all the time you need pal, I will be here for you whenever you return. If I don't hear from you before the 4th, Happy 4th

Register Here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK you have a good 4th too

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much. Talk to you soon

Register Here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Maybe this will help you

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
Hey! How have you been? How was your 4th of July? I will be here all day when ever you are ready to resume.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'm ready

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
Wonderful! Let's try clearing out all older Temporary files. This will be really easy to do and will also increase the speed a little bit by cleaning out a lot of junk you probably never knew the computer saved.

http://www.tinyurl.com/jeremytfc

Click the link above. A download will begin. Choose run

When TFC opens click the Start button (in the TFC program)

It may take 5 or so minutes. When it finishes go ahead and reboot.

Let me know if that makes a difference with speed

Register Here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Says cannot be run from a temporary folder

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
Ah no problem Harold.
http://www.tinyurl.com/jeremytfc

Click the link above. A download will begin. This time choose Save (sorry about that)

Choose a folder such as the Documents or Desktop then click Save

When it finishes downloading click Open

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'm confused..I get the publisher could not be verified

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
Thats a normal message with Internet Explorer / Windows. It appears any time you open a program that was not created by or endorsed by Microsoft. It's pretty much 99% of programs you download/run that give you this message.

Did you click Open and run the file?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I don't get a chance to click Open

Is it possible for you to get into my computer? I don't seem to get the answers you are looking for.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
Of course Harold no problem at all. If you stil have the Join.me program on the desktop double click the icon and reply to me with the 9 digit number.

If you don't see the join.me icon

This will open the Join.me Application. When it open a 9 digit number will be at the top (should look similar to this format 493-433-5466)

Reply to me with the 9 digit number

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

879097214

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Harold Im in :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

now what? I see no action, are you still in charge, or should I be doing something?

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
Is it still running slow Harold? Can you feel the bottom of the Acer and see if it feels Warm?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

When I move my laptop to a different location I know that it is always warm and it feels normal now. I just rebooted and it took slightly more than 3 minutes to open and another minute after clicking the big E icon.
That seems slow to me and altho I hadn't timed it before it doesn't seem to be any faster to reboot. Think it may be a little faster to change web pages. Still seems sluggish to me. I had recently tried RegServe but could not see any change. Thanks for your help.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.
RegServe actually will cause more problems than good. The reason I say that is because registry programs remove what they think will help out. A lot of times it removes essential registry keys for Windows causing it to have all sorts of crashing issues. I wouldn't recommend using these. The steps we did above were all manual registry fixes (msconfig) and is the safest method of playing with the registry.

3 minutes isnt too bad to boot up from button to Windows, but a cooling pad will help out a little as well. As the computer turns on laptops are not always the best at keeping themselves cool. As it turns on the graphics card gets a little warm and will slow you down a tad.

I recommend getting a cooling pad to help with this. Any brand will be fine but I prefer the ones that have 2-3 fans built in. (They just plugin to the USB port, no software needed at all)

Also Internet Explorer is a very slow program in general and takes time even on the highest spec machines. Have you ever heard of Google Chrome?

It's a free alternative to Internet Explorer, does the same thing except a lot faster and more secure. Really the only difference is favorites are called Bookmarks.

If you feel up to trying it I think you'll love it. You can still use Internet Explorer (it does not remove it)

http://www.google.com/chrome

All you have to do to install Chrome is click the link above. Then press Download Chrome

Once installed you can open Google Chrome instead of Internet Explorer any time by double clicking the Chrome icon it makes on your desktop

If you run into any issues i'll be here for you anytime Harold. Please feel free to reply here anytime and i'll take care of you, no matter how big or small the computer question is.

As you can tell I am online almost all the time hehe

Register Here

It should let you rate my help below using the smiley faces (an excellent service rating is most appreciated)

Register Here

Let me know if I can help you any more Harold. I'm still here for you pal.

Jeremy