Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Qualified Computer Professional - 12+ years experience. Expert in Computer Hardware & Graphic Design
50064670

In Windows Movie Maker I can view my video fine. When I publish

In Windows Movie Maker I can view my video fine. When I publish it, it freezes at the same point in the video each time. The video is 10 mins long and the size is 50 Mb, Please advise.
I tried downloading K-lite codec update, it still doesnt work.

Hello Sir. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

Is the source video (the original video you are editing) playing without any problem ? Did you tried different players to play the final video ? Is the freezing happens on same spot on all players ? Can you trim the video or slide on that position and re render the movie ?

Regards

Jins

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The source videos are playing without any issues.

I tried windows media player, VLC player and Wondershare player, all players have the same issue with the published movie.

The freezing happens at the same spots ( 2 spots) in all players.

I cannot trim the videos as they are important parts of the video.

Please trim just one or two frames of the video from those spots. It will not affect the video. Then render the movie. Check and let me know the result.

Regards
Jins
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Jins,

I tried trimming the videos, its still does' nt work, It does' nt even play in the preview now after trimming the clips.

I got few video clips from my friends, I'm importing the clips to windows movie maker and trying to publish a video. Two clips freeze at the exact same spot every time.I tried clipping the individual clips now at the freezing spots, now it does' nt even play in the preview screen of Windows movie maker. Do you have any other solution?

Regards,

Anu

Hi Anu, It sounds like those clips are corrupted. So create a new project. Then import one problem clip there and try to export it without any editing. Check the resultant video. If it do not have any problem, try to import that clip to your current project.

Regards
Jins
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Jins,

I tried exporting both problematic clips from movie maker without editing, it freezes again at the same spots. How do I correct it if the files are corrupt?

One original file is in .mov format, do I try converting to wmv format again and retry importing it to movie maker?

Hi Anu, I forgot to say it. You should use same format videos on movie maker. Using different formats of clips in same project will cause problems in final video. Yes, you should convert the mov file to wmv and then use that wmv in movie maker project. MM is not good to edit mov videos.

Regards
Jins