Freddy M.
Freddy M., Support Specialist
Experience:  Years of experience in the IT field and in customer support.
15852642

Hello i turned on my dell desk top and when starts up it just

Hello i turned on my dell desk top and when starts up it just load up to the where i see dell then it flashes back to a black screen and it goes back to dell screen and does just that i try loading under safe mode but does nothing please help me its driving me crazy
.
Hello my name isXXXXX look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. Unfortunately what you are seeing means either your windows installation is corrupt and needs to be reinstalled or the hard drive has failed and needs to be replaced. If you do not have a windows xp disc you will need a technician to do this as you will not be able to without the disc. If you do have a disc however follow these steps.

First insert the windows XP disc into the drive
Then when the machine says press any key to boot from CD press enter
Wait for the windows setup to load completely
Then highlight the windows XP partition it should be labeled windows XP
Then hit R on the keyboard
This will start a repair installation of windows

If the windows disc cannot find the hard drive or the repair does not finish completely, unfortunately it means that the hard drive has failed and needs to be replaced. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The only cd i have is os reinstallation cd is that it
.
That is a recovery disc and will bring the machine back to factory settings which will not work unless you do not need to save anything on the machine. You need an original windows xp disc in order to fix this without a reinstall. If you do not have a windows xp disc you will need a technician to do this.

I wish there was another way but with everything you have posted I am confident this is the problem with your machine. I know this is not what you want to here but I want to make sure I am honest with the information I provide you.If you want to restore it to factory settings I would be more than happy to walk you through that. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated.
.