John, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MCP, RHCE
50152684

I have Windows 8 on my new HP laptop and Skype was pre-loaded

I have Windows 8 on my new HP laptop and Skype was pre-loaded as one of the tiles. It worked fine for about a month, but now when I click on the Skype tile it starts to open then immediately flips back and returns to my Windows 8 Start screen. How can I get Skype to open on Windows 8? Thanks!

John :

Hello my name isXXXXX will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with skype. I will try my best to help you

John :

can you please open task manger and see if skype listed in process

Customer:

ok.Thank you

John :

To open task manger press CTRL + ALT + DEL key

Customer:

ok. one moment

John :

sure

Customer:

The Task Manager window opened, but it is empty

John :

can you see process tab on the top?

Customer:

no. At the top it just says Task Manager and the window in blank other than that

John :

Note:-Please bookmark/add to favourites this page, use that bookmark or favourites in case you accidentally close this page during this conversation. You can also get back to this page using the email send by just answer to your email address regarding this question. There is view answer button in the email click on that and you can open this page

Can i screen share with your PC and check the problem. You can see what all I am doing in the PC. Let me know so that I can give you the link to do that

Customer:

yes, that would be fine

John :

One moment Please .do not leaves the PC. I will give the link to remote access your PC

Customer:

ok

John :

I believe you are currently using Internet explorer to chat with me?

Customer:

yes

John :

Good.The screen share tool works better on internet explorer that is why i asked

Please click on this link http://166.78.231.170:8040/ then you get an application installation window in that click on Run. Then you will get another window in that click on join session. That will let me access your PC and check the problem. If you have any difficulty in connecting disable antivirus/firewall and try again also try the method it shows on screen connect window. Let me know once it’s connected. If you have any trouble connecting please let me know

Customer:

ok. done

John :

one moment please

John :

The problem had been solved. If you are satisfied with my services/answer please rate me using the options just below this chat box select the rating and click on submit that will do it some bonus will be well appreciated.Have a Great God Blessed Day. If you need any help in the future please use this link to ask for me http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-john/

Customer:

shall I clic the rating now?

John :

yes please