Jason Jones, Computer Expert
Experience:  Over 10 years of professional experience.
30759776

I cannot save MSWMM file into any movie format. I cannot find

I cannot save MSWMM file into any movie format. I cannot find a way to convert it either ... I need to have this done within two hours ... thanks
.
Hello my name isXXXXX look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
The
MSWMM is not actually the video file it is the timeline for the video.
Can you open the file on your computer?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes, it is open right now
.
Ok it should have opened in windows movie maker.
Click on file and then click on save movie file.

A new window should open up.
Enter the name of the video and then click on browse, select the desktop in order to make the video easy to find.

Here is a deeper explanation of the file itself: Click Here

If this did not work, please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.

If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it did not work. I have been trying this solution for sevral hours now. The Desktop location did not help either

.
What happened when you tried it?
As the link I sent you mentions "it will only work if the corresponding video file exists" on the computer you are currently on.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the WMSMM file consists of a split avi file with 8 bmp slides, and a second short avi file.

the error message I receive is : are the files really existing: yes they exist, I put them in two directories on the same computer, the one is My videos

the space is not sufficient: I am on a new laptop, so this is impossible

the target location is non existant: I have tried on several folders

.
Please give me the exact and entire error including any numbers.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Windows Movie Maker cannot save the movie to the specified location,. verify that the original source files used in your movie are still available, that hte saving location is still avialbe, and tha tthere is enought free disk space available, and then tey again.

- btw, I read sometwhere the the slides included must be in bmp format, so I have tried once with jpeg files, once with bmp files. Either way it is not working ...

.
That error normally means it is trying to find the slides in a directory where they no longer exist.
Most likely the directory from the old computer.
Is there anyway you can manually reinsert all the files needed into movie maker?
It may even be best to create it as a whole new project as it is looking for non-existent directories.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, but it will take 10 minute maybe. How do I see what directory the MSWMM is lookig at to put the files there?

.
Unfortunately there is no way to do that.
It would be the same directory as on the old computer.
For example if the old one was C:\users\user 1\video files that would be it.
However your username on the new computer may not be "user 1" so even putting them in that directory will not work.
They would need to be manually re-entered into the project as if they were deleted from it.
That is why I also mentioned it may be better to simply try doing it by creating a new blank project.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK. Just a minute. I am going to let you know hwen done ...

.
Take your time.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is not working again.

.
What is the error you are getting?
Is it the same one?
Did you start from a completely blank project?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, teh same one. Now, I am stgrating a blnk project and putting all files in the directory that it take sas default fo rsaving

.
Ok, let me know the results when you can.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It did not work either ...

.
Unfortunately I am out of ideas so I will opt out and open this to all experts.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK. What would be my option then? how can I at least follow the experts' discussion?

Hello and thank you for your question today. My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.

I see that you have been working on this problem for quite a bit of time.

Do you still need help with this problem? If so, may I start a screen sharing session on your computer and help you resolve the problem? I will send a remote link within minutes after your response, so please keep refreshing the page.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi: es, I nee dyour help. I cannot figure out why MSWMM is not saving the project file in a movie format.

Thank you.

AFTER YOU CLICK THE LINK BELOW, you can continue.

Please, click the following link and allow the remote app to run: http://166.78.231.170:8040/?Session=aab33acd-970f-4853-b028-5d651d36efc6

Then on that page click the big green button on the bottom of the page that says, "I agree, Run RemoteDesktop".

Thank you.

All the scores of normal fixes did not fix the Window Movie Maker problem.

We did get Video Spin installed and working.

Jason Jones, Computer Expert
Experience: Over 10 years of professional experience.