Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.

I appear to have lost the sound drivers in windows 7. When

I appear to have lost the sound drivers in windows 7. When I place the pointer on the speaker icon it says "No Audio Output device is installed" this happened after my computer crashed a couple of weeks ago, it was in the computer shop for 2 weeks they give it back and said all is working yet there is no sound.

Hello Jeff! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the model of your windows 7 computer?

Also, are you able to use Internet Explorer (the big 'e' program icon) on the computer?

Can we do a screen sharing session, so I can check and fix this issue directly for you?

Thank you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am using Windows 7 Professional, yes I am on Internet Explorer now, just after I came home from holidays I had a computer crash, I was doing my finances on QuickBooks 2012 when I suddenly had a forced dump crash come up, this also must have come up earlier in the day while I wasn't using the computer because I came in just as it was rebooting itself, then I began doing my finances and had 2 more dump crashes and each time it rebooted itself the 4th time it shutdown and would not reboot at all. Took it in to one of the local computer shops I had use before only to have most of my programs disappear to the point I had to reinstall them, but still had no sound. Normally take it to the people I bought it off in Rockhampton Queensland but time was limited so took it local. I have also tried Mr Fixit with no success also. Not really up on this stuff, can use them to a point from there on require someone like yourself for the expertise.

Please click on the website below and allow the ScreenConnect sharing program to run, so I can chat with you and help you directly:

Thank you

I have resolved the issue via remote support. If you need anything else later, please let me know any time. Please rate my service below. Thank you very much.