Jason
Jason, Computer Expert
Experience: 
Over 10 years of professional experience.

I cant get any sound to come out my tv using HDMI cable....conne

I can't get any sound to come out my tv using HDMI cable....connected to my lap top. I did check that the speakers do work on the TV in and of itself going into the TV mode....I also had my laptop settings checked by Qeek Squad via best buy from whom I purchased the laptop from....any ideas what's going on? Or how to get sound to come out using the HDMI cable
Category: Computer
Expert:  aricaudio replied 1 year ago.
Hello, My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you. Please keep in mind that there may be a few minutes between replies, as I research your problem.

Chances are the Audio is not setup to come out of your laptop via HDMI. The default is the headphone jack, and in order to get the sound to come from the TV, through the laptop's HDMI connection, you need to change some settings in the laptop.

Go to Start-->Control Panel-->Hardware and Sound-->Manage Audio Devices, then click on the HDMI Output icon on that sub menu. Then reboot the computer if the sound does not automatically start coming from the TV.

Please let me know what happens or if you need further assistance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I already stated in my question that the laptop settings were set correctly and verified through the Geek Squad through Best Buy where I bought my computer through.....the TV as far as can be determined is the problem.....so your answer does help me

Expert:  aricaudio replied 1 year ago.
I have no way of knowing exactly what the Geek Squad setup on the laptop. You could have replied back instead of just rating Bad. I will opt out as I don't want to jeopardize my work on here by getting another possible bad rating.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry you feel that way. My question in the first place regardless if you don't exactly what Geek Squad set up or whatever on the lap top...your first answer to me was something I already did and tried had you read my question more carefully you wouldn't have wasted yours or my time....so the settings for the HDMI on the laptop has already been set....anyway I will ask for someone else....

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
The expert did NOT read carefully what I said I had already tried He suggested in his respond that I try the very same thing that I ready told him I did do to try to solve the issue. He made an assumption of what I need to do without really reading carefully what I wrote.
Expert:  Steve Gardner replied 1 year ago.

Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

Now..what is the make and exact model number of your laptop please?

Please let me know so that we can continue.

Regards

Steve

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Steve! My laptop is an HP Pavilion m6-1045dx. Now I can't even turn on the sound on my laptop! I don't understand what's going on here.....thanks for your attention and help. And I have restarted my computer....as well.

Shut down the computer.

Plug the HDMI cable into the TV and the computer and start the computer and let it boot into Windows.

Do you see your desktop on the TV?

Regards

Steve

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I did shut down and restart my computer and I do see the desktop on the TV screen.

Ok, now follow these instructions:

http://screencast.com/t/9kp842Ce

Let me know if that gets you audio.

I may have to log off in the next 10 minutes. I'll be here all day tomorrow.

Steve

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have followed the instructions and it is still does work....

Ok. This may be one for the computer guys. I am going to opt out of this question and have it moved which will allow the appropriate experts to chime in.

Hold on.

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your question today. My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.

I see that you have been working on this problem for quite a bit of time.

Do you still need help with this problem? If so, may I start a screen sharing session on your computer and help you resolve the problem? I will send a remote link within minutes after your response, so please keep refreshing the page.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hey Jason thanks for getting back to me. Yes that would be great to have you do a remote connection seeing my settings. The HDMI hook up to the TV works now with sound but if I want to hear my speakers on my computer or laptop I can't anymore although I can that there is volume but no output. I hope you're still there....

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.

AFTER YOU CLICK THE LINK BELOW, you can continue.

Please, click the following link and allow the remote app to run: http://166.78.231.170:8040/?Session=6009d97d-cb65-42e7-a236-bfea32900515

Then on that page click the big green button on the bottom of the page that says, "I agree, Run RemoteDesktop".

Expert:  Jason replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.

If you have any issues in the future, please, let me know.

Jason, Computer Expert
Experience: