Ansh P.
Ansh P., Computer Systems Analyst
Experience:  Professional computer engineer working as systems developer with top multinational company.
14055801

I have a Sony Reader and want to give to my granddaughter to

Customer Question

I have a Sony Reader and want to give to my granddaughter to take to college with her but I would like to clean it up first. I can't find any instructions on how to delete the purchased history file so that only her books will be recalled there. Please help...
Category: Computer
Expert:  Ansh P. replied 1 year ago.

Tech Specialist :

Hi Welcome to JustAnswer.com I am Tech Specialist and today, I will be trying my best to solve your issue.

Tech Specialist :

Do you want to factory reset it?

Customer:

What does factory reset involve to get it set up again

Tech Specialist :

It will be reset the factory defaults i.e. like a new one

Tech Specialist :

All data in it will be erased permanently.

Customer:

And she has to set it up all over again before she uses it? Is that the only way to delete purchased history?

Tech Specialist :

That's the best way if you want to give it to someone else

Tech Specialist :

to make sure all data is removed

Customer:

OK but how is that done?

Tech Specialist :

Can you tell me the exact model of the reader like PRS-300 or PRS-500

Customer:

It is a PRS T2. Is it difficult to initialize the reader again?

Tech Specialist :

No

Tech Specialist :

I will tell you how to hard reset

Customer:

Ok is this done with the reset button

Tech Specialist :

yes

Customer:

How do I proceed

Tech Specialist :

I will give you instructions

Customer:

ok

Tech Specialist :

Check this link

Customer:

I printed the instructions and hope all goes well

Tech Specialist :

That's great, if you need some additional info in addition to this, please let me know

Tech Specialist :

else please rate me below!

Ansh P., Computer Systems Analyst
Experience: Professional computer engineer working as systems developer with top multinational company.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

After following resetting instructions I cannot get the reader store to recognize me. I get error code 9990 and told to contact sony support...what does error code 9990 mean?

Expert:  Ansh P. replied 1 year ago.
Susan, What is the exact error?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

All it tells me is that it is an "internal system error. Please try later and if I still experience the same issue to note the error code #9990 and to contact Sony support."

Expert:  Ansh P. replied 1 year ago.
Can you please reset the device again and see if that resolves the issue?