Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Worked With The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Where Do I set my "sleep stage" on the computer, windows x

Where Do I set my "sleep stage" on the computer, windows x-p?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer.com

My name isXXXXX am one of the experts who will assist you today!

Heres how we turn off standby mode

Click start, click control panel.. Then click " Performance and maintaince"

Then click power options.

Where it says system standby, and system hibernates.. Change both to never

Then click apply, and click ok to save the changes..

Now, the computer will not go to sleep, or standy, or hibernate.. ( it will still turn off if you tell it to)

If you have any further questions, let me know!

If my answer helped, please click one of the smiley faces to rate the solution, and then click the green accept button to accept the answer..

If my answer did not work, please wait to rate the answer and also wait to accept and instead send me a reply so that I can continue to assist you as needed.

Thanks! D.Sandlin
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok, is this a bad idea. Took care of it. I have a problem with the initialization of the computer, so looking for a short fix, just leave it on.

What are your thoughts?

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Turning off sleep and hibernate mode, wont harm your computer.

( if its a laptop, you will drain the battery faster, unless your on the power cord. But other then that, this is actually beneficial to do)

When you say you had an issue with the initilization of the computer.

If you provide as much clairty and details about the specific problem you had Jim, I may be able to help wit that as well.

Dustin S.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

D, not sure what happened.

I have to boot up thorough F1, etc when the computer goes to sleep.

This am if did not work.

I ran malwarebytes through the system , nothing.

So, if the computer stays on that may solve the issue (although there is a problem in my opinion).

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Sounds like a problem to me too Jim.

Since you say this just started this morning.. Lets try a repair.

Click start, all programs, accessories, system tools, system restore..

Click, restore my computer to an earlier pont, then click next..

We want to choose a restore point that was at least one day before the issues started..

Thanks! D.Sandlin

Carry out the restore. the computer will restart, then let me know if that fixed the issue or not..

Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Worked With The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller