Cris
Cris, Support Specialist
Experience:  10 years of IT experience in both business and residential.
10156100

how to scan wirelessly between MacBook Pro and Lexmark Pro

how to scan wirelessly between MacBook Pro and Lexmark Pro915

ITCris :

Hi, Thanks for asking your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX will be glad to assist you.

Customer:

thanks

ITCris :

What version of Mac OS X are you using?

Customer:

10.8.4

ITCris :

Please download and install the Lexmark Scan Driver from the link provided. Install it and let me know when you have done so.

Click here>>>Scan Driver

ITCris :

When you reach the site on the drop down select Macintosh, then select 10.8. On the list download and install the Image Capture Scan Driver.

Customer:

installed

ITCris :

Great, is your printer on?

Customer:

yes

ITCris :

OK, can you print wirelessly to it?

Customer:

i want to scan wirelessly

ITCris :

I understand, I just wanted to make sure you can print to the printer.

ITCris :

Please go into the Applications folder on your Mac and open Image Capture. Give it few seconds to pick up the printer on the network. Once it does you should have the option to scan.

Customer:

ok. that worked

ITCris :

Excellent, do you have any further questions?

Customer:

my previous statement was regarding printing not scanning. the scan showed up in the image capture box, but was illegible. when I pressed the scan button on the Lexmark to scan, message says computer connection failure. I want to wirelessly scan hardcopy documents to an email address or at least to the MacBook

ITCris :

What type of file did you select PDF?

Customer:

document

ITCris :

You will not be able to use the scan button on the printer the Mac OSX won't support.

ITCris :

That is the location.

ITCris :

What format did you select PDF, JPEG?

Customer:

do you know of a printer/scanner that i can use the scan button

ITCris :

I use a HP 6500 officejet with Mac that works. But that feature is not very consistent. Sometimes the printer may not find the computer you want to scan from on the network. I normally scan from the Mac or PC.

ITCris :

What format did you select when scanning?

Customer:

i've tried both document and pdf formats. both give message that computer connection failed.

ITCris :

Are you hitting scan from the Mac?

Customer:

both document and pdf formats give "computer connection failed" message.

Customer:

both document and pdf formats give message that computer connection failed. I don't understand "that is the location". how do i find out which printers OSX will support scan button feature?

Customer:

i did hit scan from image capture and that worked but the text was very blurry and could not be read

ITCris :

When you go to scan from the Mac. On the right side in Image Capture a list of options appears.

Location is where you want save the file. Format is the type of file you want to save it as, select PDF and check the box. Also since these are documents at the top for Kind select Black and White then hit scan on the Image Capture software.