Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

I have just purchased a new PC with Windows7Professional loaded.

I have just purchased a new PC with Windows7Professional loaded. I initially opened it up with a password, now when I try to open it up again it does not recognise the password. I was not informed about saving the password XXXXX a floppy disk or flash drive. How can I get into the system and change the password??

Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is there CAPS lock and/or NUM lock keys on your keyboard turned on or off?

What's the model of your new PC?

Thank you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

NUM lock is on

PC = HPPRO 3500 series

Please turn off NUM lock and check. Also, please note that password XXXXX XXXXX

If that does not work, since this is a new PC, we can reset it, then you can set it up again. Please turn off the new PC, then turn it back on, then press the key F11 when the hp computer logo (or the first thing) appears on the screen in order to do a system recovery/factory restore.

Please let me know if it works or not. I will help further as needed. Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How long does the re-formatting usually take?

Great. It's formatting/restoring. It takes about 30 to 60 minutes. I'll stay with you until it's done. Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So far we are on 65% and 6mins remaining

OK, thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Now in progress of initial start-up procedure

Great. Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

All systems are 'GO'. Thank you for your assistance.

Great. You're welcome. If you need anything else later, please let me know any time. Also, can you please rate my service by clicking on the smiley face above (scroll up this web page as needed), then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you very much,

http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-itstuff/