Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have a TOSHIBA SATELITE A205-S4777. It has begun turning

I have a TOSHIBA SATELITE A205-S4777.
It has begun turning itself off without user input.

I have re-installed the operating system and windows updates, but that hasn't helped.

The computer is about 5 years old.

Any suggestions?
thanks,
Walter
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your Question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

What exactly happens when it turns itself off?

Does it give an error?

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It clicks and goes dead. Screen blank. No error listed.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Walter.

It can be the battery that is shorting out the laptop, especially when it gets to 5+ years.

Or an internal build up of dust that is causing it to overheat.

Put a Vacuum Cleaner to the airvents and try to vacuum out as much dust as possible.

Then test and check if it still shuts down. If it does, remove the battery and run it just on the Charger and tell me if it is still shuts down please.
Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Computer was dusty. Cleaned it out. . .So far so good.

Thanks for your help

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
That is the main cause for this Walter, make sure to clean it regularly.

I have marked this question to never close, so any issues, just send me a message here please.

If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the offer, but I normally am able to solve most computer problems myself. But I do appreciate your help with the Toshiba.

Walter