Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Computer expert with over 10 years experience.
51029781

My partner has a message on her computer that says windows

My partner has a message on her computer that says windows update your PC will start in 2 days to finish installing important updates. She can still use her computer in all functions.
Advice on problem please
Fred Timbrell
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to assist you.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble.

Does your partners computer have windows 8 or windows 7?

Please let me know so I can further assist.

Thank You
-Chris
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

She Has windows 8 and is also 600 km away from where I live so I do not have access to her computer.

I thought it may be as I have seen this issue before with windows 8.

I am going to give you some instructions to tell her to try which could resolve the issue.

First off it is nothing to worry about like a virus or anything like that.

Open the Windows Update troubleshooter by swiping in from the right edge of the screen, tapping Search (or if you're using a mouse, pointing to the upper-right corner of the screen, moving the mouse pointer down, and then clicking Search), entering Troubleshooting in the search box.

Next tap or click Settings.

Now tap or click Troubleshooting.

Under System and Security, tap or click Fix problems with Windows Update.

Follow the on screen instructions which will attempt to automatically fix any issue with windows update.

If you still have the problem after doing the above try the following.

Open Windows Update in Control Panel by swiping in from the right edge of the screen, tapping Search (or, if you're using a mouse, pointing to the upper-right corner of the screen, moving the mouse pointer down, and then clicking Search), entering Windows Update in the search box.

Once the windows updates box is open see if it says any important updates are available, if they are click on that and choose to install.

Restart the computer when finished installing.

After the computer has restarted do the above process again. This time in the windows update box click Check for updates. If it finds any updates install those as well and keep repeating this process until it says there are no new updates.

If you need further help please do not hesitate to reply back and let me know.

Thank You
-Chris
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Chris Fred here My partner has gone to bed and she wants to try your solution tomorrow so I will not know if it works until then.

Keep Smiling Fred

Hi Fred, That sounds good. If she has any problems just let me know and I will continue to help. I am located in the US just so you know. So there may be some delay in reply. Also please ask her to make note if she receives any type of error so you can let me know what it says.

Thank you,

Chris