Chris
Chris, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  I have been running a retail Information Technology department for 8 years and working in IT for 13 years.
45592864

What is new in management information systems?

Customer Question

I am not sure what category this falls under. Sorry if its the wrong one.

Category: Computer
Expert:  Angela--Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello! I am a Moderator for this topic. Please let me know if this is a homework assignment, or a job-related question, and any further information/requirements you have for the answer so I may direct your question properly.

Thank you,

Angela
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It is for my job. I work for Honeywell in the Aerospace engineering department. We are having a workshop and I would like various answers.

Thank you for your patience while we search for a professional to assist you.

Best,

Angela
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

JustAnswer's server must be be down or having issues. I keep getting a access denied on this end.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Is there a problem finding an expert?

Expert:  Rachel-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello I am the moderator here in Computer we have moved your question to the correct category and are currently searching for the right professional for you. Thank you for your continued patience.

Rachel
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you!Smile

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Good evening. My name is Chris. I am a Manager of Information Technology for a retail establishment. I am going to need to know what direction to take this answer in. Are you referring to changing technology? Running a department? I just would like to know so that I can give you a clear answer. Also, how new? I have been doing this for about 14 years. I'm very sure I can help with some more information.

Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Good evening Chris and thank you for getting back to me. Yes, changing technology and "new" meaning "now, 2014."

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Vitrtualization is becoming a mainstay in technology environments. It gives the ability to spawn multiple machines off of one server and is taking over because of the high availability and multi-locations that it can be run from.

Managed services is where it's at now in technology. That has brought a new dimension to the virtualization for disaster recovery and networks suffer a lot less outage these days because of virtualization and the ability to stream your hosts across multiple locations. This is beneficial and taking off this year because of the ability for mutliple network paths. This essentially creates between these two technologies an expectation of no down time ever.

Cellular technology is also helping companies stay up and going with the add ons of LTE speed everywhere this year. T-mobile deployed their new network in May. LTE speeds run faster than t1 circuits and give the public ability to be 100% mobile all of the time. LTE technology is strong enough to withstand VOIP phone calls as well as quick application time and browsing.

Where else would you like me to elaborate? Those are the very hot items right now. Is this the proper direction you wanted me to go in? This is a very vague question and I want to give you the answers you need.
Chris, Information Systems Manager
Experience: I have been running a retail Information Technology department for 8 years and working in IT for 13 years.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

That's great! I need your perspective more then perfection. I really do need some more help in the next couple of days. How can I get just your help?

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
If it's a different question, just put for csfischer20 in the question and I will be notified and pick it up ASAP. I will be glad to assist you in any way I can as long as it fits in the realm of my expertise. I am good to go for computers and networking. Please don't forget to rate my service. Have a great night and I look forward to working with you further.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you and I hope you have a nice evening too!

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the rating. If something comes up in the coming days that pertains to new technology, you don't need to initiate a new question and I will help you on this one. Just come back to justanswer and go to your "My Questions" link and feel free to ask me for whatever information you need. I don't stop helping after a rating. Thanks!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.
Good morning. Whatever message you sent, came across blank. If you need more help, please let me know.

Chris