Cris
Cris, Support Specialist
Experience:  10 years of IT experience in both business and residential.
10156100

Hi. Our modem has a red light beside the Internet spot and

Hi. Our modem has a red light beside the Internet spot and we have no Internet. We tried turning off and on but nothing. Any ideas?

ITCris :

Hi, Thanks for asking your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX will be glad to assist you.

Thanks for asking your question on the site, I am Cris.

Sorry to hear about your issue. A modem just like any device sometimes requires a reboot to refresh the connections for service. I normally recommend customers do so about once a month.

However if you have rebooted your modem by removing the power for about 30 seconds. Then plugging it back in and you still have a red light on the internet light. Then there happens to be a service issue between your location and your service provider. Call your ISP so they can trouble between there hub and your modem.

Once they diagnose the issue and can pinpoint the problem if on site service is needed they will schedule a appointment. Also when you call in sometimes you can find out if there is maybe a outage in your area with estimate time of a fix.

If you have any further questions for me, please let me know BEFORE selecting a negative rating. I will answer your follow ups!

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

If in the future you have any further questions please save my site profile. So you can reach me directly.

www.ITCrisAnswers.com

Let me know,
Cris
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

GREAT

Excellent!

Glad to hear that.

www.ITCrisAnswers.com

Thanks,
Cris