Nick H.
Nick H., IT Specialist
Experience:  CompTIA A+, MS Office, Outlook, Windows XP, Vista, 7

I have a series 3 Samsung computer, bought at Best Buys Christmas

I have a series 3 Samsung computer, bought at Best Buys Christmas 2012, Box was opened and i just got quick start series 3. Did someone switch comp. on me or do I have a webcam?
Hi and welcomed to

My name isXXXXX will assist you with your issues.

Some computer has the indent in the middle but does not come with a webcam. It depends on the specs of your computer. On the box of your computer, do you see any label with specifications?

If yes, look for webcam.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It's June, no I don't keep boxes that long. I'm afraid the units were switched possibly by someone who knew. Took all pertanent papers and just had quick start.

Thanks Robert.

Did you purchase a NEW or opened box computer?

If the box was already opened and you bought a new computer, you should have asked Best Buy right at that moment.

Most computers/laptops come with ONLY Quick Start.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can't remember, to long. I guess if they don't come with one or whatever, I bought something I can't eat. Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

New box, Opened? maybe taped - 6 mos.

It could be that the laptop was a open box item that sold to you. Most laptops now come with webcam, even with the most basic laptops.

I recommend you to contact Samsung Support directly at 1-800-726-7864 and ask them to check the serial to see if your computer comes with a webcam. If your laptop comes with a webcam, please ask them to send you a replacement laptop. Or have your laptop sent in for adding webcam.

IMPORTANT: Please remember that I am not getting credit until you rate my answer 3 rating or higher. You are rating my service, not site-issues or the outcome/nature of this question.

If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service. Thank you!