Cris
Cris, Support Specialist
Experience:  6 years of IT experience in both business and residential.
10156100

My 9" d2 tablet security grid has locked me out. I have gone

My 9" d2 tablet security grid has locked me out. I have gone to the web sites and downloaded the free programs (livesuit ect..) but can't access them on my computer. So I have an expensive paperweight! I am not tech savvy please help!!
Category: Computer
Expert:  Cris replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com I am Cris.

Sorry to hear about your issue. Unfortunately when you forget the pattern lock on your device the only viable solution is to reset the device to factory settings. For security reason that is the only way to get back into. However it will wipe all of the data on the unit.

Would you like to proceed? I will reply with the instructions how to reset.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes however l did not forget, it just won't let me in.

Expert:  Cris replied 1 year ago.
What do you mean?

Is the device frozen or when you enter the pattern does it say anything?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes . it says sorry try again ect..

Expert:  Cris replied 1 year ago.
OK,

There is a problem with the pattern lock you will need to reset to factory settings to get back into the device.

Turn off your tablet.

Once off, click and hold down the Volume + button.

Without letting go of the Volume + button, click and hold down the Power button.

Hold both buttons down for about 10 to 15 seconds, until the D2 logo pops up on the screen.

Then release both buttons.In a few seconds, an Android robot icon will be displayed laying on its back, with a red triangle on top of it.

Click and hold the Power button, then press the Volume + button one time. This will lead you to the Android System Recovery selection screen.

Using the Volume - button, scroll down the list to "wipe data/factory reset," then press the Power button to select it.

Using the Volume - button, scroll down the list to "Yes -- delete all user data," then press the Power button to select it. Your device will restart and prompt for setup.

Let me know how you make out. Reply back to me BEFORE selecting a negative rating. I will answer your follow ups.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

didn,t work ,it would not come back on untill I pushed the reset putton on back.No icon ever appered . When

i pressed the power button agin the same, still locked out

Expert:  Cris replied 1 year ago.
Please try it again. Make sure you press and hold the volume up button then press and hold the power button. Hold for 10-15 seconds until you see the D2 logo.

Sometimes it takes a few tries before you get to work.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

tryied this again and again ect...... is not working in fact all it shows is d2 , now I,ve got security screen back.

Expert:  Cris replied 1 year ago.
Hmmm..very strange.

It is still not taking your pattern to unlock?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no, no pattern works.

Expert:  Cris replied 1 year ago.
The appears to be software wrong with the software on your device. If no change has been made to the pattern lock and all sudden does work. Also it is not going into the recovery mode to reset.

At this point I recommend contacting D2 suppor on for your device. They will in all likely have to replace the device for you.

You can contact them at 888-863-0138.

Please let me know if you have any further questions BEFORE selecting a negative rating. I will answer your follow ups.
Cris, Support Specialist
Experience: 6 years of IT experience in both business and residential.