Cris
Cris, Support Specialist
Experience:  6 years of IT experience in both business and residential.
10156100

Using Windows XP.When looking at incoming E-mail from Yahoo,

Using Windows XP.When looking at incoming E-mail from Yahoo, when I press Left mouse button, it does not Open, and I get "Error on Page" at bottom Left of screen. So I press Right button for incoming Mail, I get small Menu, then Left button Opens the E-mail.
I cannot raise New E-mail, Or Foreward as these are Left Button. But Left button works in the E-mail. What does "Error on Page" mean? I've tried a different Mouse.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Cris replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you with your question.

Are you using Internet Explorer to access your email?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes.

Expert:  Cris replied 1 year ago.
OK, first save this page to your favorites so you can easily get back. You can do pressing and holding CTRL then press D.

In Internet Explorer, click on Tools at the top of the screen. On the drop down click on Options. A box will appear, click on the "Advanced" tab then click on "Reset" box.

Do not place a check mark in "delete personal data" click on Reset. The browser will then go through the reset and prompt you to close out IE and re-open.

When it re-opens test out your issue and let me know the outcome.

Reply back to me BEFORE selecting any negative rating. I will answer your follow ups.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi XXXXX tried your suggestion and Reset in Advanced Internet Explorer. Still the same problem with Left Mouse.

Expert:  Cris replied 1 year ago.
Can you tell me what version of Internet Explorer you are using?

If your not sure in IE click on Help at the top then on the drop down click on About Internet Explorer. A box will appear with version number.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Internet Explorer 8.

Expert:  Cris replied 1 year ago.
OK, can you please download Firefox from the link below to your PC. Firefox is another web browser just like IE. Except it is more secure and faster. After installation open the browser from the icon on your desktop.

Go to yahoo.com and sign into your account. Test out the problem and let me know the outcome. This can determine if it is a browser or site issue.

To Download:

When you reach the site click on "Download Installer" then Run. The site will then download and install Firefox for you. When it completes the icon will be on our desktop.

Click here>>>Firefox Download
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Cris you are a genius, you have solved my mouse problem, hence I'm able to Send you an answer and E-mails. Thankyou very much. Eifion

Expert:  Cris replied 1 year ago.
Excellent!

Glad to hear your issue is resolved, your very welcome!

Please don't forget to rate my service so I am credited for assisting you.

Thanks,
Cris
Cris, Support Specialist
Experience: 6 years of IT experience in both business and residential.
Expert:  Cris replied 1 year ago.
Hi Eifion,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

If in the future you have any further questions please save my site profile. So you can reach me directly.

www.ITCrisAnswers.com

Let me know,
Cris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Very good service, you solved my Left Mouse Problem. I'll keep your contact for future service. Thank you,

Eifion

Expert:  Cris replied 1 year ago.
Glad to hear that you.

Your very welcome!
Cris