Cris
Cris, Support Specialist
Experience:  6 years of IT experience in both business and residential.
10156100

I have a Gateway All in one computer and there was a power

I have a Gateway All in one computer and there was a power outage this morning and now the screen will not come on but I can hear the computer coming on. Is there something that i can reset or do to get the screen to come back on?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Cris replied 1 year ago.

ITCris :

Hi, Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you with your question.

ITCris :

Sorry to hear about your issue. Do you have another power adapter cable you can switch on your Gateway PC?

Customer:

No but I can hear the computer come on so I dont think the problem is power cable related

ITCris :

Yes, I understand. However a power hit can short something. There isn't anything on the system you can reset, changing the power cord to test it is troubleshooting step.

ITCris :

However, in all likely your video card shorted out from the power hit. Usually a power hit will affect either your power supply which is the most common component and usually the next common one is the video.

Customer:

Where can I get a video card to try?

ITCris :

Well, it is a little tricky with a All in One, there is less space to work with. Also the video card is also most likely integrated into the motherboard.

ITCris :

How old is your PC?

Customer:

Two to three years old.

ITCris :

OK, I recommend going through the manufacturer there maybe a possibility they may replace for free. Like I mentioned before the video is in all likely integrated onto the board and if so it would all have to be replaced. I can check for you if you can provide me the model number of the PC. Also I would also first check the power cord by replacing it.

Customer:

It is a model ZX4800.

ITCris :

OK, give me a few minutes to check out the specs.

ITCris :

Yes it is onboard video. You can see the specs from this link>>>Specs

ITCris :

When you scroll down to video you will see onboard video.

Customer:

So what should I do?

ITCris :

I recommend going through the manufacturer Gateway for replacement. There is a possibility they maybe able to replace for free.

ITCris :

I can provide you Gateway's number.

Customer:

Please

ITCris : (NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>
ITCris :

If you have no further questions. Rating my service is greatly appreciated.

Customer:

Thanks

ITCris :

your very welcome.

Cris, Support Specialist
Experience: 6 years of IT experience in both business and residential.