Nick H.
Nick H., IT Specialist
Experience:  CompTIA A+, MS Office, Outlook, Windows XP, Vista, 7
63271161

Hi Andy My date and time keeps going back to 2002 Also I

Hi Andy My date and time keeps going back to 2002 Also I get a security box on my flybuy web I cant get it off only by turning the computer off @ the plug
Category: Computer
Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.

Nick821702 :

Hi and welcomed to JustAnswer.com

My name isXXXXX will assist you with your issues.

Nick821702 :

Are you chatting with me on the same computer?

Nick821702 :

When did you purchase your computer?

Customer:

may 2008

Nick821702 :

There is a time difference so let me switch to Q & A format.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Norma,

It seems that your computer is having issue with the BIOS chip.

Is this a Desktop or Laptop? What is your computer make and model?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes

Desktop , Hp Elite, Model a450a

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Norma.

We will have to replace the CMOS Battery on your Desktop. Do you know how to remove the desktop?

If not, please take your desktop computer to a local computer shop so they can replace the CMOS battery.

If you know, I will give you the instructions on how to open the computer and purchase the CMOS battery and replace it. That will resolve your issue with losing time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Please send instruction.s how to open . Now about the security pop ups from windows can you cancel them they stop me getting into Internet And the fly buy wed site.I have trend security i don,t need Windows Security one

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Norma.

While I am getting the instructions, please type out the error message. And what is the name of Windows security program that is displaying that message?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it doent say on the flybuy block the internet warning saying dangerous site is windows If I go in to bring it up I cant use windows mail thats why I dint get your messages untill I tuned off @ plug then turned back on to get your Email

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Here are the steps to remove the case:

Opening the case

Once you have a compatible processor, you are ready to replace the processor. Follow these steps to begin the process and open the computer case:
  1. Turn off the computer and disconnect all cables.
  2. Remove the panel retaining screw(s).Figure 1: Example of possible screw location(s)Example of possible screw location(s)
  3. Remove the panel.
  4. If you have trouble removing the panels, go to the HP Support site , type your computer model number, and type taking apart , or opening case into the text box. Otherwise, continue to the next step.

On the system board, there is a silver coin-looking battery. That is the CMOS battery. You will need to see the number and reply to me. I will look and see where you can purchase it.

When did you first have the problem with that message?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

About 3 months just didnt know what to do just turned off then back on again.

that isnt the same computer as minePlease could you email instructions to me I will take it with me to the repair man

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Norma,

If you take the computer to your repair man, he should know how to open. Should take 1-2 minutes.

Regarding the messages, can you please take a screen shot and upload so I can see it? It does sound like your computer is infected by virus. or spyware.

Can you use the computer at all?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

when that cetificate pops up I cant up load I can use computer but not Internet When I close and reopen I can use internet just get cut off saying site not safe on certain sites Face book family sites

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Norma for your info and reply.

Please reset Internet Explorer and test again:

Reset IE settings: Note: This will also reset your homepage and clear sites recently visited. First please bookmark this page. Ctrl +D to save to your favorites.

1. Open Internet Explorer, go to Tools and select Internet Options
  2. Under General, click Delete in Browsing history and hit Delete again.
  3. Next go to Content, click Clear SSL state.
  4. Go to Connection, select LAN settings. Select Automatically detect settings.
  5. Now go Advanced. Click Restore advanced settings and hit Apply at the bottom.
  6. Then click Reset and click on Reset on the pop-up window.
  7. Close Internet Explorer.
  8. Now open Internet Explorer and test your issue again. See if the message will come back.

Let me know how it worked out. Thank you!

Nick

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you Will get back to you Norma When ive done it

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
You are welcomed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Nick Sorry didnt get back to you took computer in and he kept it Only picked it up today .Thankyou for your help Norma

Expert:  Nick H. replied 1 year ago.
You are very welcomed Norma.

Glad your computer is working out for you. Please kindly rate my answer so I can get credit.

Thanks and have a great day!

Nick
Nick H., IT Specialist
Experience: CompTIA A+, MS Office, Outlook, Windows XP, Vista, 7