Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry

My company recently did some upgrades to our system and I have

My company recently did some upgrades to our system and I have been having difficulty with Outlook on both recurring and one-time appointments if changes need to be made. I receive a message that says "Outlook cannot complete the operation due to parameters not being met." My IT department has been unable to fix this problem. Is there something I can do on my end?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your Question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

This is usually due to you using a cached contact details that do not match on the exchange server following the upgrade.

I am sure they restarted the email server? If so, on the re-occurring appointment, remove a attendee, then add them again from the contacts.

Does it then save?

Please let me know.

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I don't quite understand your response.

This is affecting both in-house staff and outside appointments. There have been no changes to the email addresses for any of these people.

It is selective as to when it happens and it is not only on my calendar; it is for several of the Executive Assistants when we are trying to update existing appointments - either by changing the date, time, or cancelling them.

It is also selective in that it does this on some appointments but not on others, and it's even doing it on reminders that I've set up.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
There is a link in the Appointment that matchs with the appointment on the mail server.

I want you to do my test please?

on a re-occurring appointment, remove a attendee, then add them again from the contacts.

Tell me if it then errors.

Also, did they restart the server Barbara as I asked?

Please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I tried your suggestion - I removed the person from the calendar invite, put their email address back in and tried to cancel the appointment. I got the same response - Outlook would not perform the action because of parameter settings.

I have no idea if our IT department restarted the server. We don't have the best IT support here.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, the server must be restarted, this is the exact problem that will occur if it is not.

We need to rule this out Barbara.

Can you have them do this please?

Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I will send them a helpdesk request to do this, as well as copy them on this conversation.

Thank you for your assistance.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Barbara,

Have them restart the server, then you restart your computer.

Then test.

If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you