Hans Uebelhoer
Hans Uebelhoer, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Associates in Computer Sciences ; Cisco Product Expert.
29701876

AppMarket has invaded my Google Chrome home window. How can

AppMarket has invaded my Google Chrome home window. How can I stop it from launching? It was downloaded to my computer when I tried to download "Dropbox". Dropbox downloaded several applications that I did not authorize or want. I have been able to delete all but App Market.

Hans Uebelhoer :

Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you today. Please let me know when you are ready to start.

Customer:

ready

Hans Uebelhoer :

OK great lets start. So from what I understand, a webpage called appmarket keeps opening up every time you start google chrome, is that correct?

Customer:

Yep!

Customer:

It opens with Google Chrome and is right in the middle of the search window.

Hans Uebelhoer :

ok have you tried going into the settings for Google Chrome and manually changing the home page?

Hans Uebelhoer :

if not I can tell you how

Customer:

How do I get there?

Hans Uebelhoer :

OK let me explain. give me a minute to type up steps for you

Customer:

K

Hans Uebelhoer :

1. Click the little icon in the top right side of chrome that looks like 3 little lines > next click on settings > next the second area down is called "On Startup" click the little blue "Set Pages" link just to the right of Open a specific page or set of pages.> next you will see a list of startup pages, one of them will be AppMarket, when you hover over appmarket a small X will show up to the right of it, click that x > next in the box next to "add a new page" type www.google.com > Click ok > then close the settings.

Hans Uebelhoer :

Once you do that let me know

Customer:

Clicked little blue "set Pages" and nothing came up except one extension that was very long.

Hans Uebelhoer :

ok and if you hover your mouse over that you should see an X to delete it

Hans Uebelhoer :

to the right of it

Customer:

I deleted it and will try it again, but in order to try it, I have to close this session. Let me try that..... Still a blank page asking me to type in a new url

Hans Uebelhoer :

just try opening up a new tab

Hans Uebelhoer :

hit

Hans Uebelhoer :

ctrl + T

Hans Uebelhoer :

You may need to restart chrome

Hans Uebelhoer :

if that does not work I have another way you can do it for sure

Customer:

It worked. Thanks, XXXXX hung up on you but the whole mess closed down when I closed one tab.

Hans Uebelhoer :

Oh perfect, no problem glad all is well. It was very nice working with you today, please make sure that you use the ratings system (Smiley Faces or Stars) to rate how my service was. Have a great night!

Customer:

will do. Bob