Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Computer expert with over 10 years experience.

a pop up appears and wants to make changes to my computer &

a pop up appears and wants to make changes to my computer & are asking for a users password XXXXX my pc do not know this and cant find a way to address this answer to them
Category: Computer
Expert:  Chris L. replied 10 months ago.
Hello and thank you for using Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX X will be happy to assist you.

Are these pop ups happening telling you that a program wishes to make a change to your computer?

Is it asking for your windows user account password XXXXX something else?

It would be very helpful if you could tell me exactly what the box says.

Thank you,
Chris
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Microsoft popup wants to make changes to my computer with another users name not my regular name that I use. it is an extra acct of mine but I have forgotten the password also I have forgotten my administratorss password. cant find it. need help badly
When do you get this pop up, when you are on a website or is it when just using the computer?

This is a windows 8 computer correct?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
when I am just using the computer I am an elderly lady & not to swift with the pc wants me to put in password XXXXX administrators cant remember it
Ok so this means you must be logged onto the computer with a non administrator account.

This can be a tough situation.

I would like to offer you a remote support session where I could connect to your computer and see if I can fix this for you.

Would you like to try that?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
again I am saying I am not sure about adin. acct my grandson used to do everything for me ok but how much mire will it cost
It will not cost anymore.

One thing though that just occured to me is that I may not be able to connect to you because it may ask you for the password XXXXX install the connection utility.

Let's give it a try though.

Please click on the link below and choose agree. Next you will need to download and run the connection utility. Make sure if anything pops up asking you to allow or run you choose to do so. If a box pops up and tells you a file is dangerous make sure you allow it anyway , the file is not dangerous but windows sometimes thinks it is because it is connecting remotely:

Here is the link:
http://67.192.95.188:8040/?Session=6e603892-7fee-40de-accc-8143ab6ad5df&SUPPORT=NET

.
Please rate my service.

Thank you,
Chris
Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience: Certified Computer expert with over 10 years experience.