Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

When I am accessing any webpage, a small video for an advertisement

When I am accessing any webpage, a small video for an advertisement will just pop up and start playing with audio. Ive ran Malware and an Avast virus scan, nothing found
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your Question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me which internet browser you are using please?

eg: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome?

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
internet explorer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you

Please do the following in Internet Explorer

Click Tools (the gear wheel top right) than Internet Options

Click on the General Tab and Delete all Temporary Internet Files.

Than click the Advance Tab and click Reset

Then restart the computer and check if you still have the problem.

If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just restarted computer after the process you told me. All my favorites across the top of the screen are ow do I retrieve these??
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
They are retireved. if you click them, do they work?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They are completely gone, not able to click them.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, the process has nothing to do with your favorites, so I am worried they were damaged by the corruption removed. if you go to a page that was marked as a favorite, and try to add it to favorites, does it add?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes it does add. just to make sure you understand, we are talking about the favorites toolbar
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Yes I understand, but thanks.

Are you Favorites in the Favorites menu?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No they are not
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Is the advertisement still appearing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, the pop up advertisement's have gone away. thank you for that....original problem solved. we will work thru the favorites situation here on our end trying to retrieve all that data. Have a good day and thank you for your service. I will give a good rating. michelle
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Michelle

They would have been damaged by this add on (then advertisements)

Thank you
Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry