Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Im using Google Docs and am adding info to a document that

I'm using Google Docs and am adding info to a document that has columns. In some columns I can type a bunch of text and it all shows in the box. In my last column, only the first part of the sentence is showing. What setting do I have to change to get that last column to show all the text?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name isXXXXX look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Is this in a Google doc spreadsheet?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok the cells have a default max size which is why it is not showing everything.
To get it to show every move the mouse to the top of the column,

For example if it is the A column put the mouse between A and B at the top.
You should see a symbol like this <--> or something similar.

When you see that double click on the mouse.
That will make the column large enough to fit the longest sentence listed within it.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.

.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, that's not what I wanted to do. Here's a screen shot to show you what I want to do:

http://screencast.com/t/OcwZlhWBois

See how column D has all the text showing, but column F doesn't? When I did what you suggested it just made column F extend to the right. I want column F to remain the same size, but force the text to behave like it's behaving in column D.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok I see what you mean thank you for giving me the screenshot.
I am going to need to opt out and open this to all experts.
.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your Question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

You need to enable Word Wrap in the Cell.

Select the Cell, then there is a Wrap Text button between the Merge and Formulas buttons on the standard toolbar. Click this so the Words wrap in the Cell (and you will them see them all.

If you have any difficulties at all, please do not hesitate to let me know so I can assist you further

Thank you
Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That was so easy! Thanks for helping me out!