Nimman, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Many years experience. Diploma In Computer Engineering. CCNA , CCNP

I purchased a Asus PC model CM6785, with windows 8. I have

I purchased a Asus PC model CM6785, with windows 8. I have been using Word Perfectx5.

I was told that x5 would not run on Widows 8, but that Woed Perfect x6 would. I want to transfer my x5 files tothe x6 version.

I installed x6,but when I tried to open WP, I received this message - "Application has requested the runtime to terminate. Contact application support team."

Please help me

Dale Hubbard
Hello there, Thanks for using Justanswer.

Add to Favorites this page ( Bookmark ). Use the favorites to come back if you loose this page.

You don't have to worry about this error.

There is a patch for this application. You need to install it manually.

Go to the page below.

Install the Service pack 1 (at bottom).

Then install the service pack 2.

After that install the Hotfix.

After that update the Visual C++ update from the following link.

Restart the computer after installing these updates.

Let me know the result.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I followed your answer, but at the end eceived amessage dthat the app would not run on my PC
Which one? Have you tried all patches ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes, the patch 1, the patch 2 and the microsoft site
Have you saved before running it?

Save the Service pack 1 file on your desktop , Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I did not save either patch 1 or 2. should I save both patch 1 & 2?
Save the Service pack 1 on your desktop first and Run it.

Let me know if its success .
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Still says that the PC cannot run the app. I 1) went to pack 1 at the bottom, right clicked on save and downloaded (no run option appeared). 2)I downloed pack 2 ( in the middle - just clicked on run). Went to Hot fix and downloded - just run. 3) went to the Microsoft site and downloaded. A window opened, and I clicked on a box (File) three files were listed and a check mark appeared nest to each. I xlicked download, and the rejection message appeared. I did not restart my computer, because of the rejection.
After finishing the download, Run the downloaded file. Tell me the exact error you get.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Make sure that you run the downloaded Service Pack 1 file , Not the Word perfect application.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have
not progressed to the Microwave site yt. After downoading pack 1 & 2 I was advised that to be activated, I needed to restart the computer. I did not do so. should I restar now or wait until after completing the Microsoft download?
Restart the computer now . And check if Wordperfect is working or not.

Let me know what happens.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

After restarting the computer WPx6 appears to be functional. But I have not prepared any documents.

I now want to transfer my WPx5 files to WPx6. They are on flash drives. What is the best way to make the transfer
You can just copy the files to your computer, That is the easiest way. Just copy it to the new computer.